Autumn Simmer Pot

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Foggy, rainy mornings are made for simmer pots, aren't they? So when this morning I woke up to gloomy autumn skies, I knew it's time to inject some cozyness into the flat and our senses. For some reason this is the first morning so far I feel like autumn is truly here. The air is so different, so fresh, and so crisp. So while I am writing this post, there is a smell of rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint and bay leaves dancing around the room. This just might me my favourite combination so far and I am determined to start my little simmer pot tradition this autumn. The simple things in life:)

Here is the recipe I used: 
Fill a pot half full with water, bring to a boil, add 2 cups dried rosemary, 2 cups of dried lavender, 1 cup of dried eucalyptus leaves, 1/2 cup of dried peppermint, 1/2 cup of  dried bay leaves. Turn heat down and simmer all day, adding water when needed. Ta dah!

P.S: And a few other combinations that you might also fancy.
P.P.S: Plus, autumn berry branches.

(Recipe by Katie Searle-Williams and photo by Leo Patrone for Kinfolk)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to try those simmer pots. We usually use essential oils and ceramic houses to create a beautiful scent in our home but your way looks much cosier.

-Ola

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, oh yes, I have one of those little ceramic oil burners. They are really great for essential oils, aren't they?

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Must smell great!

Katie said...

This sounds heavenly!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh it really does, Marieken Hoefnagel :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:)

Anonymous said...

Where can you buy dry eucalyptus and the other dry ingredients

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I get mine from my local health store or on the market. But I bet you can also order it from Amazon too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk