Autumn Grey Coat: Thumbs up or down?

Thursday, September 12, 2013




Would you wear a grey wool jacket or a coat this autumn? According to Red Magazine the new "it" is all things simple and monochrome. Grey seems to be incredibly popular this season especially when it comes to wool coats. To me it looks oh-so French and whenever I think of grey cozy wear, I picture minimalistic style of jeans, boots, tees, maybe a dash of eyeliner, understated rosy cheeks and of course a touch of daring lipstick to finish the look off. Thoughts?

P.S: Plus, how to wear layers like a true French mademoiselle.
P.P.S: To oversize or not to oversize?

(Photos via/by Weneed Fashion, Romwe, Luxe-Pauvre, Prepaganda, Mr. Newton, The Sartorialist)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up! I've been hunting for one too. My perfect fit for me would be something similar to photo No. 6. The belt adds a great deal of style to it.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love gray especially for the fall and winter months. these are all such great picks! i can't wait for coats and beanies. :)

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

Thumbs up! I love grey mixed with jeans and bright colors :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, so true! That jacket/belt combo is spot on and looks so cozy, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Eek, me too, Ilene:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So with you on that, Jana!

Katie said...

Big thumbs up!! I found a nice grey one at Zara over the weekend. Now I have to go back and get it. I'm like you, I'd wear it with jeans, boots, a striped tee and maybe a red lip!

holtkamp said...

Yes, love this! Grey is one of my favorite colors!

Karen said...

I'm a fan! I'm about to embark on a hunt for a new winter's coat so thanks for this inspiration xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I love zara coats:)

Diana Mieczan said...

holtkamp, so with you on that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Karen:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk