While You Were Sleeping

Thursday, August 8, 2013


Ever since this post, I’ve become very intrigued by the rather vulnerable and oh-so intimate act of sleeping. There is something so fascinating and spooky about this inner space that we don’t really share with anyone. Those photos above are by a genius photographer, Ted Spagna who in the 70s and 80s used time-lapse photography to produce a series of images that capture people as they sleep. Don’t they all look like a silent film of human vulnerability? It’s incredible how much we move while sleeping and how many positions our body goes through in that time.

Fascinating, isn’t it? Would you like to see yourself sleeping?

P.S: Bedtime breakfast.

(via Sho & Tell via New Republic)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband says that I sleep like a rock. I just don't move much but it's possible that I only start moving about when he is asleep. How interesting.

Eliza Jane said...

This is fantastic and mesmerizing! I would LOVE to see myself and The Fella sleep! x

Tiffany Kadani said...

I'd love this just to prove to my husband that I don't steal the covers. He gives them to me.

Alexa said...

So interesting...it's amazing how much we move around in our sleep.

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

super cool - i don't move at all - but my beau forget it - he's ALL over the place - they need to make a bigger bed then king size!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I bet that is the case.

Diana Mieczan said...

Eliza:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Alexa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

haha, Erika!

Katie said...

This is fantastic!! I have always been so curious about what I do in my sleep. I always wake up in a different position. I've been tempted to set up a video camera, but have never done it yet.

Laura Bear said...

What a fantastic series! It is really interesting how much we move. wow.
I prefer to sleep with the hubs. There is too much room if I sleep alone! I end up tossing and turning.

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a great idea, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Laura:)

Anonymous said...

lol that happens with most people

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk