The Moody Art Of Cycling

Tuesday, August 27, 2013


Biking during autumn is always a bit bitter-sweet, isn’t it? The crisp air really invigorates you while the chilliness is a bit uncomfortable at times. But you know that as soon as the temperatures drop to the frosty level, your bike goes off for a vacation for the rest of the year, so you really want to enjoy the last few months with it:) At least that is how it’s with me, and those photos above by an Italian photographer Massimiliano Sarno make me daydream about the incredibly wonderful feeling of autumn solitary biking. They’re moody, dreamy, a bit grumpy, oh-so fascinating and somehow therapeutic, wouldn’t you say? Do you bike?

P.S: Plus, NYC biking.
P.P.S: And this super cool invisible bicycle helmet!

(via My Modern Met)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been biking to and from work for the past few months and I'm starting to worry that as soon as it gets cold I will have to use the metro again. Biking is like a meditation for me. So relaxing.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I totally agree. It relaxes me so much as well.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Those pictures are great! I bike a lot. I like being outside before and after work.

Nicole Underwood said...

These are lovely images! I love biking and can't wait until fall. It's about 1000 degrees here in South Florida right now!

Laura Bear said...

WOW these photos are just fantastic! I would love one on my wall.
I totally agree, something about a crisp fall bike ride that is just so head clearing.

I am looking forward to not being preggers so I can ride again! It has been a lonely summer for my bike! :)

skedian said...

Love these photos, Diana! I used to bike every day when we lived in Holland, and now I miss it terribly. BTW, isn't Massimiliano the very best name you've ever heard?! :)

Katie said...

I love these photos! So beautiful. I bike, but not as much as I would like. This is making me want to bike more and finally dig my bike out of storage.

Monica | Hola!design said...

yay for bikes! I agree with the person who said biking is like meditation. It's so relaxing. I ride my bike to and from work, and it feels so good!

P.S. these pictures are so cool.

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken Hoefnagel, me too. I love spending time outdoors.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yowza, that is very hot, Nicole!

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, great point. Those images would look incredible framed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, skedian!! It sounds so fancy yet so cool, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie do it:) Biking is so much fun!

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk