Summer Black: Thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013



Spring was all about the flawless white-black duo and it seems that black is now ruling the summer. For the past few days I've been spotting girls all around the city sporting flowy lace black dresses, easy little rompers and breezy maxi dresses. It must be true what they say: black is the new black this season. As far and I can tell, it looks swoonworthy whether it's worn during the day or during the night. Recently I read that the best way to dress up a simple black dress is with little metallic touches that will make it look even more elegant. But if you're looking into dressing it down, you should use some sassy tan accessories to make the look more wearable:)

But what do you think? Would you wear black during the summer? Or is it a big no-no for you? xo

P.S: Also a bit of monochromatic goodness.
P.P.S: Plus, a squeeze-free zone.

(Photos by/via Stockholm Streetstyle, JP, R.S, Fashion Me Now, Models Jam)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

90% of my closet is full of black and navy blue. It's my fave color to wear and makes me feel stylish. Any idea where can I get the 3rd dress?

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Why not? Black really does go with everything!


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I love black! Such a classic.

Vintage Market Place said...

Sorry, no but my reasons are different than style.
It is just too hot here to sport black for the summer.
I would sizzle and burst into flames with the sun hitting black LOL
Amy

Courtney Erin said...

I am about black all year round, regardless of the temperature...I love it!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Steph said...

I say thumbs up to black for all seasons!

Chrissy said...

Definitely a thumbs up - I love black all year long! Happy Tuesday, sweetie xxx

LyddieGal said...

I retire a lot of my black during the summer, but there is always a chance to pull out a great LBD no matter the month.

Carmen said...

Yes, even in sunny Spain, black is always a good idea!

Carmen said...

To the first Anonymous: have you tried Asos?

HiLLjO said...

All my swimsuits are black, so... yes. I guess I do like Summer Black! :D

Flore said...

No. I love colours too much to wear it in Summer. Plus Summer is too short here to wear black.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, sadly no but here is one that looks similar: http://us.asos.com/ASOS-PETITE-Exclusive-Waffle-Skater-Dress-With-Lace-Insert/10z85c/?iid=3181556&mporgp=L0FTT1MtUGV0aXRlL0FTT1MtUEVUSVRFLUV4Y2x1c2l2ZS1Ta2F0ZXItRHJlc3MtV2l0aC1MYWNlLUluc2VydC9Qcm9kLw..&W

Hope that helps:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Chic 'n Cheap Living!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Amy!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, hope you had a great one too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Carmen!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO :) I love that!

little t said...

Thumbs up, definitely. It's a classic in any season.

Diana Mieczan said...

little t:)

kamran shiakh said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk