Share it...

Monday, August 12, 2013

Ha, did you know that telling someone about your troubles makes you happier? Me neither, on the contrary, in fact - I thought complaining made people even more miserable and bothered. But according to the Winston-Salem State University, our memory has a "natural bias to keep tabs on the good stuff and gradually lose the emotional intensity of a bad event". So basically sharing your misery makes its memory fade faster.

Who knew, right? Are you more of a complainer or you prefer keeping your troubles to yourself? xo

(via Happiness is. Photo via Fashion Gone Rogue)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I mostly keep things to myself. I really should start speaking out more. It must feel great.

Vintage Market Place said...

oh i so agree with this study.
It relieves us and gets it off our mind. That is why when I have no one to talk to I blog my troubles, just to get it out. Yeah it turns off people in a way but hey, its not about that it is about us being able to get it out and feel better. Move on, ya know.
Talk away I say!
Amy

Little Observationist said...

Like Amy said, I too blog my troubles - in a private blog. Best not to create negative vibes in relationships unless it's really something worth complaining about.

Tish said...

Well no wonder I have an incessant need to purge!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, that is such a good point.

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Little Observationist!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish :)

Chrissy said...

Yes, I always feel so much better after talking to someone about things that are on my mind troubling me! it's like you can talk away a bit of the trouble when sharing it with someone. xxx

Punctuation Mark said...

Really!!! maybe it makes other people sad about your problems... haha!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Chrissy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Punctuation Mark:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk