Rosewater

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One of the best things about visiting my mom in England besides eating countless servings of fish and chips is that her house is full of those wonderful fancy little treats. My mom has always been using rosewater for everything, especially for spraying the bed sheets. The smell is so incredible that when you enter her house it feels like you are entering somewhere special and super fancy. She even goes as far as getting a fresh bouquet of flowers for the guest bedroom matching the sheets:) Balazs finds that hilarious. 

Anyway, she usually buys her rosewater from an organic shop but when I found this little how to, I decided that as soon as we fly back home this weekend, I'll make my own so I can keep a bit of my mom with me every single day:) Do you use rosewater? I read that it does wonders to skin as well, and you can use it as a refreshing toner. Thoughts?

P.S: Here is the full step-by-step how to.
P.P.S: The simple things in life.

(Photos by Lost & Fawned)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Bulgaria it`s very famous. I use it as tonic for the face, very refreshing.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, oh that is so cool to know:) I have to give it a try. I read great things about rosewater toner.

tutusandtea said...

Can't wait to try this! Simply genius and I just happened to have some bravely blooming roses sprinkled around my apartment... Welcome home! This is lovely...

Ann said...

I think your mom passed her love of pretty things along to you, Diana. No wonder your blog is full of beauty! (Haven't ever used rosewater, but I can just imagine the scent.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, its really cheap...Usually foreigners buy it for gifts, almost everybody. Also, my name is Diana too and I`m a huge fan of your blog. The pics from Malta are great. A friend of mine has a sister there and told me that the postpregnancy vacation is 2 weeks(Its not in the subject but just a curios fact:))))

Lindsey of Lost & Fawned said...

Glad you liked the tutorial! Like I mentioned in the post, this is only one way of making it! Results will vary depending on the type of rose you use and time you let it soak. I used a different rose from our yard that was a deep red and had a stronger fragrance and had even better results. There are other methods too that are a little more labor intensive but may produce a stronger fragrance like heating the petals and water over a stove top. Try a bunch of different methods and find what works for you!

Have a lovely day!

Claudz said...

oooh, I am also going to try make my own!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, tutusandtea:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are so sweet, Ann! I will surely show your comment to my mom. She will be so pleased.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Lindsey! I can't wait to try it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Claudz :)

Laura Bear said...

Oh I can't wait to try making my own! Rose water reminds me of my Mom so much too! Her name happens to be Rose, but also she has always used rose water and rose water scented hand creams. The scent takes me to a hug in her arms <3
Also, Burts Bee's just came out with a rose water toner, I have been wanting to try it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww, Laura... your comment melted my heart! And I love the name Rose:) Btw: thanks for the Burts Bee's tip. I am so going to try it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk