My Everyday Style.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Darlings, what's the everyday comfort jewelry you wear? You know, like that special ring with a wonderful story that gives you an extra dose of security when you know it's on your finger. Or the necklace that you treated yourself to after a big promotion. Or even that pair of earrings that your mom finally borrowed you but you’re not planning to ever give back, because you hate the thought of not wearing them daily :) I get lots of emails from you, dear readers, asking about my everyday accessories, so last weekend Balazs snapped a few photos of me in my every-day gear as he calls it:)

The daily jewerly I wear is wonderfully understated. The type that just becomes a part of you and you don't have to think about it. The one that suits every single item in your closet.

I'm crazy about this little gold bar necklace right now! It's my all-time new favourite everyday piece. It gives such a sassy little twist to my simple tees or summer dresses. It's wonderfully snazzy without being overpowering. Plus, Cindy is the queen of understated sassiness in my eyes.

This little black diamond seed ring I do not part from even for a second. I got it from Balazs and it symbolizes so much to me. This rose gold piece is perfect for stacking and was made by Blanca Monros Gomez from my all time favourite NYC jewelry shop Catbird. I often find myself checking if it's on my finger, as if it possessed some type of magical power:)

And here is the hairdo that I've been loving lately. It's a simple side braid made of three braids, braided into one. I've been wearing my hair like that endlessly since it's one of those easy-breezy types:)

So, now your turn, lovelies...xo

(Photos by exPress-o)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it's my wedding ring and my grandmother's wedding ring. I wear them both together on my finger. One is in white gold and the other is rose gold. They make an unusual pairing but very dear to my heart. Diana I want your hair colour. Do you dye it or is this your natural hue?

Christianna said...

You're ring is so cute! I have to admit that I'm a total ring girl. I also love the diamond earrings that my dad got for me a few Christmas's ago.

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

I need to find a pair of good everyday earrings. Love the necklace-I can't wear heavy jewelry.

LyddieGal said...

I have been a huge fan of the statement necklace, and stacks and stacks of bangles, though lately I've been craving more delicate pieces like yours!

Laura Bear said...

SO pretty! I love how simple these all are. Right up my alley.

I love my 3 tiffany rings... next to my 2 wedding bands I wear a rose gold band on my middle finger. Hubs gave it to me on my birthday a few years ago. It is my "tiffany hand"... where only tiffany & co jewelry can go. or so I tell him ever since he got me that band! :) I figure I am making it easy on him, he knows he can just pick anything out from there and it will be a great gift! haha not acting like a spoiled princess AT ALL....

katie said...

I love your necklace and ring! I generally don't wear a lot of jewelry on a day to day basis other than my wedding ring. I prefer jewelry that is more minimal and delicate, something that you can't feel you have on, so that's why I really love your pieces! I have a few pieces that I cherish: earrings my husband gave me on our wedding day, a heart necklace from my Dad when I turned 13 and one of my Mom's necklaces.

Bryony said...

I only have three things that I always wear (except for now, because alas, being pregnant means that after a while my fingers swell). The first is a little heart-shaped diamond-and-white-gold ring from my dad. It was a Valentine's present years ago. The other two are my engagement ring and my wedding band. Both are thin platinum bands, and the engagement ring has a simple round-cut diamond. My hand feels naked right now without them!
I also have a red-stone pendant on a necklace from my mum that I love and wear very often with just about anything.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww thanks, Anonymous! That is my natural colour:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How sweet of your dad, Christianna! They must be stunning.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, I am so with you on that. Everyday jewelry shouldn't really be heavy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, I simply ADORE your comment:) And I need a "tiffany hand" too:) Giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, those pieces sound so special:) Especially that heart necklace from your dad.

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, same here. My hand feels very naked when I forget to put my ring on:)

Elsa de Diego said...

Oh amore, it is great to see pics of you. More, more...:) As for me, I usually wear a vintage omega watch from my dad. My mom gave it to him as a present back in the seventies. I just love male watches. I am working on getting my own dainty-necklaces collection and I'm usually inspired by your blog for that matter. Muah!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, you are so sweet:) Btw: Male watches are so snazzy, aren't they? Your watch must be stunning.

Milagro Clemmons @ Diamonds Direct said...

I'm not entirely a jewelry girl but I hardly part with certain pieces that mean something more than being stylish. I usually wear family heirloom earrings and, of course, my engagement and wedding rings. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk