Make Someone's Morning!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Remember when in December we did this little fun challenge of making someone's day by randomly smiling on strangers or paying a little compliment to another woman? I got tons of email from you saying how much you loved taking part. So you can imagine by excitement when I spotted an article with Diane von Furstenberg where she talked about her little morning ritual involving making someone's morning a bit more special.

Her way of starting a day on a great note is by making sure to send one email that doesn't benefit her at all. She explains that this email could be an introduction of an artist to a potential patron, or anything else that gives a compliment to the person on the receiving end. She does that first thing in the morning to always start her day on a positive note. I love that!

Are you game to do the same till the end of August? I am:) But the one and only rule is that no matter what the compliment email is, it has to be 100% sincere. If it’s not, the other person will know it right away.

Darlings, are you game? Wanna join in?

P.S: More morning rituals and my little festive secret.
P.P.S: Plus, on being fully present in the moment.

(via Lexi Petronis. Photo of Diane, 1972 via Susie)


Anonymous said...

I remember that challenge. I really enjoyed it and still do it sometimes when I see someone feels a bit down. I am game! What a sweet little gesture.

Elsa de Diego said...

Aha, great minds think alike! Love this! You get back much more than what you gave away. Muah!

That's Not My Age said...

I do like DVF, she has a great attitude.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Anonymous! So happy that you're joining in:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You're so sweet, Elsa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally with you on that, That's Not My Age!

Carmen said...

Will do my best! August is complicated because almost everyone is on vacation here in Spain but will extend it to September. Great idea!

Becky Kozak said...

That's an awesome challenge! I'm going to give it a shot!

xo Becky
Seductive Mania

Diana Mieczan said...

Carmen, fantastic!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Becky:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk