Lantern Festival in Thailand

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gasp! Each November the city of Chiang Mai in Thailand transforms into the most mesmerizing lantern festival called yi peng (second full moon). It’s believed that by releasing a lantern into the air you are also getting rid of all your worries and problems. It symbolizes the new beginning. This year the festival will take place between 15th and 18th of November. I’m totally gobsmacked by it all! Just imagine seeing it in person - swoon! xo

P.S: Midsummer night in Poland.
P.P.S: And the lantern floating ceremony in Hawaii.

(Photos by Taradol Chitmanchaitham, Ng Chai Hock, Pansiri Pikunkaew, F. Hug, Athit Perewongmetha, via My amp goes to 11)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you find all these beautiful stuff to post about, but please keep them coming. They make my work days beautiful. I would travel to Thailand just to be part of this festival.

meenal@ maison marigold said...

Magical! I've seen these images so many times but they never cease to amaze me..I love your blog..there's always such a lovely mix...xx meenal

Lady Grey said...

I was at that festival once when I backpacked around South-East Asia for 3 months.... oh my that was like 12 years ago now! Yikes I'm getting old!
Indeed, it was incredibly beautiful :)
xoxo

Laura Bear said...

Wow how amazing would it be to see in person. Such beautiful photos of it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, thank you for being so sweet:) You made my day.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, meenal:) So happy you enjoy it! xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, 3 months backpacking around South-East Asia had to be so much fun:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, it would be awesome, wouldn't it, Laura?

holtkamp said...

wow! thailand has been on my travel list for years now, i need to make it happen :)

Diana Mieczan said...

holtkamp, I so want to go there too.

M. said...

this is soooo GORGEOUS!

Diana Mieczan said...

M :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk