How To Poach An Egg Using A Poacher

Thursday, August 1, 2013

While we are on the subject of scrumptiousness, what's your favourite take on eggs? I love them poached and ever since I learned how to make them, I've been eating poached eggs like there is no tomorrow. They just go so perfectly with an avocado toast, a pesto sandwich, a simple buttered baguette or even on top of steamed asparagus. There are like 3 different ways to poach a perfect egg, so it's totally a matter of personal preference. At first, I used to poach them the traditional Julia Child's way that is super easy but when I got an actual egg poacher, I never looked back. Do you have one? It's a time and life saver:)

So here is what you do:
First, evenly oil the poachpod and in a sauté pan bring about 11/2" of water to a boil. Next, reduce to simmer, crack an egg into the poachpod and place it in the pan in a way that it floats in the water. Cover  the pan with a lid and cook in a simmering water for 4 minutes or to desired firmness. I like it pretty runny but if you fancy it more solid you can simmer it for up to 6 minutes. Next, use a spoon to remove the poachpod from the water. Let it cool off for about 10 seconds. To remove the egg from the poachpod, run a spoon around egg edge, then flip the pod inside out and gently push the egg out onto your toast. Sprinkle it with a bit of salt and pepper and dig in. Ta-dah!

P.S: And here is a clever little tip to perfectly runny dippy eggs and don't miss this genius little trick.
P.P.S: Plus, ham, mozzarella, egg omelette and lemon curd sandwich. So good!

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

*Darlings, the comments are switched off for this week since I'm in Malta. But if you want to drop me a little hello, you can always reach me via email - diana@expressoblog.onmicrosoft.com :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk