exPress-o Film Club: Lola Versus

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Darlings, have you seen the 2012 indie comedy, Lola Versus? How did you like it? I watched it very recently after Balazs’ recommendation. He is pretty great at spotting films that I surely will enjoy :)

Ok, take a second and imagine yourself turning 30 in about 3 weeks. Are you there? Now, think of having all the amazing future plans like getting married to the guy of your dreams, planning the wedding, seeing all that before your eyes forming into this perfect little world and then *bam*! The fiancĂ© gets cold feet and backs out. What do you do? Do you start from the beginning? Do you go crazy? Or do you let it all overwhelm you? It’s a funny story of a young woman in crises with a super honest portrayal of the difficulties that girls go through on regular basis. And if that's not enough, there is also the wacky best friend who doesn’t help the case at all. A brilliantly refreshing film about a new start on a bumpy road to self-realization:) Enjoy!

Bits and bobs:
- If you loved the film Bridesmaids or the telly series Girls, you will totally enjoy this one too.
- Daryl Wein directed and written this film.
- He also directed Breaking Uppwards a 2009 film.
- Greta Gerwig aka Lola also played in Arthur with Russell Brand and my new must see, Frances Ha.
- Greta and Ben Stiller in Greenberg. Another off-beat comedy with a similar mood and humour.
- She is adorable:)
- How to recover from a break up with Greta.
- I love her passion - brilliant!
- Zoe Listen Jones plays the super wacky best friend.
- Here she talks about writing and starring in Lola Versus.
- Joel Kinnaman aka the fiancĂ© was born in Sweden and I best remember him from The Darkest Hour.
- On his role...
- There is also Bill Pullman and Debra Winger. They make a fantastic duo.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that you might be in the mood for.

(Photos via IMDb)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet that Balasz is picks movies for you to watch. I need a husband asap haha. Sounds like my type of watch.

Lady Grey said...

you know, I looked at this video so many times and never rented it. I'm definitely going to watch it now.
xo

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

Thank you for this recommendation! I am always looking for good films to watch and am going to hunt for this one :)

xo Mary Jo

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You will enjoy it, Vanessa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Mary Jo:)

Elsa de Diego said...

Darling, I swear by your Film Club suggestions, so I'll certainly watch this one too. :) Muah!

Polly Rowan said...

Ooh this looks really good! I have added it to my "To watch" list!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...Elsa:) You just made my day!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Polly:) It's a gem!

katie. said...

I watched this movie a while ago and I really enjoyed it. I love the guy who played her fiance from The Killing, the guy who was her friend from New Adventures of Old Christine, and her girl friend from Whitney..all great actors..So I figured I would really like the movie! I liked it, it made me laugh. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk