exPress-o Film Club: Identity Thief

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Have you seen Identity Thief? What did you think? I was waiting on pins and needles to see this film since it stars the hilarious duo of Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman. Oh boy, aren’t they brilliant? Their adorable personalities and awesome wits shone through.

It’s one of those light-hearted summer comedies that you can’t stop smiling about. There is a gullible and super sweet Colorado businessman who is tricked into giving this credit card details to a loveable yet incredible feisty identity thief, played by Melissa McCathy. So in hopes to clear his name and get his money back, he tracks her down and tries to bring her back home. Will he? Won’t he? That is for you to discover, but if you watch it, you will not regret it :) A summer must see and as Balazs said the perfect film to get you out of your mid-week funk :)
Bits and bobs:
Seth Gordon also directed Horrible Bosses and Four Christmases.
- Remember Jason Bateman in the Change Up? Another hilarious must see.
- Here is a read-worthy interview with Jason:)
- Here is how Jason was able to convince the studio to hire Melissa for the role.
- Fancy some bloopers? Get ready to laugh out loud.
- I bet you remember Melissa from the awesome Bridesmaids, don't you?
- But I also adore watching her in Mike & Molly:) She is just awesome, isn't she?
- Did you know that she started off as a stand-up comedian in NYC?
- The next film that I can't wait to watch with her is The Heat with Sandra Bullock.
- There is also the adorable Amanda Peet that I always associate with Jack and Jill. Remember that show?
- But nowadays you can catch her sometimes on The Good Wife.
- Here are few of the starts talking about the film.
- Oh yes...giggle!
- I also couldn't possible finish off this bits and bobs without mentioning Eric Stonestreet aka Cameron from Modern Family. He had a tiny little role in the film but he nailed it! (As always).

P.S: Plus, a few other films that I love right now.

(Photos via IMDb)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite movie of the summer. My husband and I watched it last weekend and we couldn't stop laughing. The best part was the singing scene in the car, remember? Jill

Rachel @ Existation said...

I just watched this on the plane ride home on Sunday, and I liked it so much more than I thought I was going to! Melissa McCarthy, man...she's a rock star. It actually made me cry a little, haha...

Punctuation Mark said...

It was soooo funny!!! I watched it on a plane and i could hear people laughing all over!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, giggle! That scene was HILARIOUS!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

She really is incredible, indeed, Rachel:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Punctuation Mark!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk