Catching The Last Bits of Summer

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Have you noticed that days are getting shorter already? The other day I was walking back home just after 7 pm and realized that the sky was getting darker while a few weeks ago at the same time it still felt like the middle of the day. It was one of those little things that made me realize that summer slowly but surely is drawing to an end. So when I mentioned that to my friend Sofia she suggested that we jot down the few things that we still want to enjoy (endlessly) before the cooler and gloomier days arrive. Fancy joining in?

Starting off with evenings on the balcony or rooftop. Just hanging out and drinking wine with friends, Balazs and our dogs.

Mornings at the outdoor pool, by the lake or in the backyard of our friends house...

Hammock naps - those are the best...

...especially if you spent the day munching on juicy watermelons...It's so good that I don't even mind the sticky fingers afterwards:)...

Morning coffee while sitting outdoors. Don't you just love people watching in the summer?...

And, I am hoping to catch the few last food festivals around the city before it's too cold to spend a day walking about. Plus, my favourite one of all is taking a little breather somewhere beautiful and up-high where you can spend the evenings looking at the twinkling city lights below:)

What's on your list? xo

P.S: Dolce far niente.
P.P.S: And a few more of my favourite little moments...

(Photos via June Lemon, Bloom, Patricia, for emma, forever ago, Alle Dicu, Moon & Trees, Note To Self and Whiskey & Honey)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just made my misrable day much better. I would say that my end of summer wishes include garden grilling with my husband, eating s'mores with the kids, wearing more sundresses without tights and sandals. I love sandals. K.

Steph said...

Really beautiful images. I love this post. Reminds me to enjoy more simple moments outdoors before the Winter slips in. And watermelon. x

Carrie said...

i need a hammock in my backyard. it looks too relaxing and i want to spend the whole day chilling in it with my favorite book.

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Summer will stay in Texas a few more months... but it's nice to have some cooler temperatures (than usual).

Mimi said...

these pictures totally capture the essence of summer! love! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

LyddieGal said...

I hate how quickly the summer goes by!
totally jealous of that hammock!
Chic on the Cheap

Bionica said...

I love these pictures!!!
ah so pretty =)

-Bionica

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I am so glad about that, K! Btw: I am pretty smitten with sandals as well:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..me too, Carrie.

Diana Mieczan said...

Mimi:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie, I know what you mean...

Vintage Market Place said...

ah, well here there are still 6 more weeks of summer once labor day hits.
It like Vegas' ground hogs day. I long for a cool evening or a brisk hint of autumn coming. I miss that time of year so much.
Amy

Laura Bear said...

Such a fantastic list! Oh summer... don't go!! :)

I am trying to read as many breezy summer novels as I can... something about winter reading that makes me feel like it needs to be more serious and full of "classics" :)

Monica | Hola!design said...

I'm sad the Summer is ending! It feels like it just started. Well, time for apple picking and jackets.

Happy Wednesday!

tutusandtea said...

Absolutely love this Diana! I'm pretty sure you captured every summer sweetness.... Thanks for the roundup!

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

All of this is so wonderful and true--it's the little moments.

xo Mary Jo

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, your comment made me daydream about autumn evenings:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so with you on that, Laura:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, my pleasure, sweetie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Mary Jo...the little moments, indeed:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk