Backless Summer

Monday, August 5, 2013

Would you wear a backless sundress or a top this summer? I don't know about you, but for me, there is something so beautifully understated about the element of surprise when you suddenly turn around and your back is totally exposed. That je ne sais quoi that comes with open back makes me swoon on so many levels. Plus, ever since my friend Alice who is a huge open back fan told me that her favourite part about wearing backless clothes is that they transform her into an elegant, tall and sexy beast, I was convinced! I packed this one for Malta and I loved wearing it every chance I got. It truly is the perfect piece for a smitten nights by the seaside:)

Here are a few more open back beauties that I wouldn't mind having in my closet:

1. Neil Barrett's draped back dress.
2. Alice + Olivia maxi dress.
3. Vila Pink Skylar Backless Dip Hem Dress.
4. Parker backless mini dress.
5. Open back dress from Zara.
6. Steven Alan's backless tee.

Which one tickles your fancy? Would you wear it? xo

P.S: And this awesome style tweak that I adore.
P.P.S. Plus, a bit of sunshine:)

(Photos in the top layout via/by eat, pray & make love, Acrimony, Dora-Ann Holmes and That Kind of Woman. Layouts by exPress-o, graphics by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o)


Anonymous said...

I have a LBD with an open back that I got well over 10 years ago in Europe but still wear it any time I need to look super elegant. My go-to piece for sure.

M. said...

there is something elegant and sooo sexy about backless dress, love them all!

Diana Mieczan said...

M, totally agree!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet it looks amazing on you, Anonymous :)

HelloSweetcheeks said...

I love that black & white one! I couldn't pull it off myself, but can appreciate the easiness of it! so pretty!

LyddieGal said...

I can't pull it off myself, but It is a gorgeous and sexy look!
Chic on the Cheap

Becky Kozak said...

I love love love the backless look but I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the bra thing!! Can't go without one!

xo Becky
Seductive Mania

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Becky, I wear a special backless bra with my open back dress. It looks very natural and it's very comfy.

Here is the link to it:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk