A Nifty Sunburn Trick

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Before I post our Malta photos, I have a fun little tip for you that I learned from a Maltese man. Yup, a man:)
Remember this photo? Well, the first day after we arrived I totally misjudged the sun. It’s tricky there because the coolish sea air down-plays the strength of the heat. I forgot to re-apply my sunscreen after a few swims and well, I got a bit burned on my legs and on my shoulders. On the way back to the hotel a local men stopped me and casually said not to use any calming oils, instead just rub in lots of plain baby powder into my wet red skin after a shower. He promised that by the morning it will totally calm down and turn brownish. He continued on saying that his wife swears by it and uses it on herself and their kids all the time. As you probably guessed already, he was right. The next morning my skin looked sun kissed without redness or pain.

Ha, who knew that baby powder can be so nifty:) What are your summer sun tricks? xo

P.S: And this one.
P.P.S: How to get smooth summer legs in under 3 minutes.

(Photo by Anna Wolf)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that and I am super excited to see your photos. Can't wait!

little t said...

So sweet of him to stop you like that! I'll try this next time... although I am usually ve-ry careful in the sun.

HelloSweetcheeks said...

whoa! I've got THE whitest skin on earth, so I'm totally gonna try this next time!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t, he was so lovely:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It works great, HelloSweetcheeks:)

Laura Bear said...

OH my goodness! I never knew this! Years of burns and what a simple fix!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura:)

skedian said...

Your Malta photos are beautiful, looks like a dreamy holiday! So happy for you. This is the first I have heard of the baby powder trick....but applying it to wet skin? Don't you end up with a paste like Ross in the Friends episode about the leather pants?! I always go with aloe gel which I keep in the fridge for an extra cooling sensation! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

skedian, thank you, sweetie! We had a blast.

About the baby powder - since burned skin absorbs water very quickly by the time you start applying your baby powder your skin will be not so wet anymore but wet enough to help the powder stay on and absorb into the burned skin. It doesn't create a paste like texture. It simply creates a lovely soothing coating that in a matter of 2 minutes totally disappears into your skin. It's so incredible soothing and calming. Plus, towels would irritate the burned skin even more. Hope that helps:)

Btw: I loved that episode of Friends...Oh boy, it is so funny, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk