10 Malta Essentials

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Darlings, thank you for all your sweet comments and emails on our Malta post yesterday. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the recap. As many readers asked about my Malta essentials, I've put together a list of 10 things that I used during our stay there. The tricky thing about their climate is that since it's so close to the water, you don't really feel the heat. It just feels very humid and the cool breeze that keeps you comfortable is actually very misleading. I only noticed how hot it actually was when my nail polish was literally rubbing of my nails when I touched them. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind living in that climate for the rest of my life. It did wonders to my skin and my hair:)

1.Turkish beach towel that can double as a long scarf or sun protection as well. It's very light, easy to carry, dries quickly and feels super soft.
2. Lip butter with sun protection. I am totally smitten with the peach one! It's from my new favourite organic cosmetics company called Korres. Their products are divine and the peach shade gives a lovely little pop of colour without looking overdone.
3. Fold-up water bottle aka the revelation of my vacation! It folds, it's very light to carry around and hardly takes up any room in your backpack.
4. Lavender organic essential oil for the night-time. I found it super soothing after a day on the sea. Plus, if you sprinkle a few drops on your pillow, you will sleep like a baby and feel great the next morning.
5. A few flowy tunics/cover-ups (the one above I wore on this photo) and simple white tees. They go great with bikinis or shorts.
6. A simple baby powder for those times when you get a bit too much sun.
7. Soleo Organics sunscreen - just don't forget to re-apply it after swimming:)
8. A sun hat goes without saying.
9. Refreshing wipes are essential when you are up and about all day long.
10. Water shoes are a must since there are rocks in the water and they will keep your feet safe the whole time.

P.S: Plus, my seaside uniform.
P.P.S: A nifty little guide to understated summer in style.

Now your turn, what are your travel essentials? xo

(Top photo by Anna Wolf. Layout and graphics by exPress-o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Korres is a Greek company, isn't it? I received a gift basket from a friend with their goodies last year and I've been dreaming about restocking ever since. Great list and Turkish beach towel is so affordable. Must have.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes, it's from Athens, Anonymous. I am totally in love with their products. Btw: that beach towel is the best:)

Laura Bear said...

OH I have not heard of Korres. I will have to give it a try. This is a great round up worthy for any seaside trip!!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Okay, I definitely want to go to Malta now. Thanks for the wonderful tips and thank you again for sharing all those beautiful photos.

LyddieGal said...

Just looked at your recap - glad you had such a great trip!

love the tunic and the hat - definitely musts!

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, it's such a great company and their products are totally organic and smell beautifully.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Tiffany and thanks for your sweet comments:) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk