Darlings, thank you for all your sweet comments and emails on our Malta post yesterday. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the recap. As many readers asked about my Malta essentials, I've put together a list of 10 things that I used during our stay there. The tricky thing about their climate is that since it's so close to the water, you don't really feel the heat. It just feels very humid and the cool breeze that keeps you comfortable is actually very misleading. I only noticed how hot it actually was when my nail polish was literally rubbing of my nails when I touched them. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind living in that climate for the rest of my life. It did wonders to my skin and my hair:)
1.Turkish beach towel that can double as a long scarf or sun protection as well. It's very light, easy to carry, dries quickly and feels super soft.
2. Lip butter with sun protection. I am totally smitten with the peach one! It's from my new favourite organic cosmetics company called Korres. Their products are divine and the peach shade gives a lovely little pop of colour without looking overdone.
3. Fold-up water bottle aka the revelation of my vacation! It folds, it's very light to carry around and hardly takes up any room in your backpack.
4. Lavender organic essential oil for the night-time. I found it super soothing after a day on the sea. Plus, if you sprinkle a few drops on your pillow, you will sleep like a baby and feel great the next morning.
5. A few flowy tunics/cover-ups (the one above I wore on this photo) and simple white tees. They go great with bikinis or shorts.
6. A simple baby powder for those times when you get a bit too much sun.
7. Soleo Organics sunscreen - just don't forget to re-apply it after swimming:)
8. A sun hat goes without saying.
9. Refreshing wipes are essential when you are up and about all day long.
10. Water shoes are a must since there are rocks in the water and they will keep your feet safe the whole time.
P.S: Plus, my seaside uniform.
P.P.S: A nifty little guide to understated summer in style.
Now your turn, what are your travel essentials? xo
(Top photo by Anna Wolf. Layout and graphics by exPress-o)