Would You Dare?

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yowza, would you dare taking a hike up the Ha’iku Stairs aka the Hawaiian stairway to heaven?  It’s a trail on an island of Oahu that starts off with a simple wooden ladder attached to the cliff and transforms into metal narrow stairs with 3.922 steps to the top. The trail itself is hidden between the mesmerizing greenery of the island and the morning mist that makes the whole hiking experience totally unbelievable. This gem is officially closed to the public but that doesn’t stop all the thrill-hungry tourists and locals to sneak in at night to spend the early hours of the morning admiring the most swoonworthy sunrise there is. And if that is not worth the hike, they are also rewarded by the glorious 360-degree view of Oahu!  

Oh boy, that would be something special, wouldn’t it? Shame I am terrified of heights. How about you? xo

P.S: Remember the beautiful lantern floating ceremony?
P.P.S: Plus a few other breath-taking spots that you might like including this teahouse on top of the world!

(Photos by/via Slate, Photo, Jeremy Snell, Inspiration For Moms and Unreal Hawaii)

12 comments:

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

WOW! I am terrified of heights as well but this is one of those lifetime chances you don´t want to miss, don´t you think?

I guess if you would be there you´d just step on that chance and DO it ;)

Love this!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is for sure, Martie! It would be incredible to do this...

Elizabeth @ Rosalilium said...

I'm not a fan of heights either, but I would totally give this a try. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things to do, eh?

Christianna said...

I'm not a fan of hiking, but if a helicopter dropped me off at the top I wouldn't complain!

Laura Bear said...

WOW! I think I would try it! But I can see my vertigo kicking in pretty quickly!! :)

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I would! It looks awesome! :)

Annie said...

I would love to do it :)

Gwen said...

I would totally love to!

Reese Carrozzini said...

Yes! Yes! I would do it!!! Looks fantastic!

xoxo Reese
www.reesecarrozzini.com

Diana Mieczan said...

For sure, Elizabeth :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Your comment made me smile, Christianna :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Reese:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk