Simple Scrumptious Food: Grilled Feta

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sometimes the simplest of meals end up being the ones Balazs and I talk about for ages. Does that happen to you too? Ever since last weekend, when we made this grilled feta tomato plate we both keep on thinking about it. It's a wonderful combination of olive oil and honey grilled feta with fresh chives, a dash of oregano and mint placed on top of pre-sliced juicy tomatoes. The flavours are so beautiful that you don't really need anything else for it, just some fresh baguettes. That is it - the perfect fresh and raw meal for a hot summer day! Have you ever had grilled feta? It’s scrumptious.

Fun fact: I just read that you shouldn’t store tomatoes in the fridge. They are juicer and more flavourful if they are stored on the kitchen counter. Ha!

P.S: Plus, this sandwich and this bread. Yum!
P.P.S: Fancy an omelette?

(via Fox in the Pine via Lily. Photos by Suvi Sur Le Vif)


Anonymous said...

I haven't but we use lot of feta in salads. It looks very good and I wish I could have it right now.

Cara @ Lilac and Grey said...

looks so delish!

Chrissy said...

I love feta in any variation, on salads, on sandwiches, just crumbled over tomatoes and cucumber, it and I love it!
Happy Wednesday, dear xxx

Steph said...

Looks delicious! Reminds me of a week ago when I was visiting one of my best friends in NYC. We had an outdoor BBQ and she made a simple but memorable salad. It was sliced tomatoes with slices of mozzarella and fresh basil from her garden tucked between them, then drizzled with a homemade rosemary olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum!

lisa said...

yyuummmmmmmm devine xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, sounds delicious. I am going to try making it over the weekend when we get back home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk