Morning rituals

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Darlings, what are your morning rituals? Are they the same every single day? Or do they vary depending on your mood or your schedule? The other day my friend Anna and I spoke about how with age we developed the love for good and predictable rituals and how much we both enjoy them. For example, Anna gets up each morning at 6am just to catch the 6:30am yoga class down her street and then afterwards rushes home to have a shower and a quick Skype chat with her mom before she is off to work. She says she couldn't have it any other way because the outcome of her day depends on her morning me-time.

I on the other hand get up well over an hour before Balazs, start on French Press while checking emails and listening to my favourite radio station. Then I do 40 minutes of exercises in the living room including my poor attempts of meditation while daydreaming about coffee. After all that, I have a quick shower and by the time I am done, Balazs is all awake and ready for our dog-walk that we take each day at the same time and the same route. After there is breakfast of eggs, granola or pastries and we are off with our day. But when I feel like my week is dragging on and I need a little switch up, I do this to treat myself before it all:)

Now your turn...xo

P.S: Your anti-stress hero.
P.P.S: 30 minutes to yourself in silence, could you do it?

(Photos via Beautiful Simple Things, Wit + Delight, Splendid and by Marta Greber)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your rituals and I wish I could rearrange my morning schedule a bit to fit in some metime. I start work at 9am but I get up at 7am to make breakfast, get our baby ready for the sitter and do all the little things I need to like laundry, phone calls and such. No breakfast for me but I always have coffee.

Melissa Blake said...

oh geeze, i am horribly predictable when it comes to my routines, but i love the sentiments in that last photo!

Vintage Market Place said...

routines are a must in my household.
My boy requires a routine to help ease him into a day.
It works best for me too. It makes our day so easy and yes by the afternoon we can mix things up a bit and relax.
Amy

amy b.s. said...

lazy sunday mornings where i can spend time with my coffee and the paper are my favorite.

hello.agi said...

Since I work (may) i get up at 7 o'clock every morning with my boyfriend. Every morning we have toast with butter and home-made jam (by my grandmother :) ) and coffee. Unfortunately i am unable to get up before 7, but it would be great because we have to leave at 7.30.
At weekends we always eat eggs, and on sundays I make pancake or muffin, I love weekend morning sooo much :)

Laura Bear said...

Oh your mornings sound so leisurely and calm. We need to get up earlier... or he needs to leave for work later.. one or the other... it is up at 6 am, make coffee and slap a sandwich together for his lunch.. brush our teeth together and smooch him g-bye.. It's a horribly rushed ritual... need to work on that!

lucent imagery said...

While the order of things change according to each day's agenda, our mornings always involve cuddles, breakfast and a walk with our dog where I appreciate the great place we live in and we grab a coffee for my husband. My day doesn't feel right without walking with these two boys first!

keishua said...

i fluctuate with my rituals. thinking more and more that i need to have a few solid ones. it's good for the brain.

Diana Mieczan said...

Coffee is a must for me too, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds great, Amy and Amy b.s, your Sunday mornings sound dreamy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love your rituals, Agi and your grandma's homemade jam must be scrumptious:)(I love that) Yum!!! Btw: weekend mornings are always the best, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, I love the teeth brushing and smooching part:) You two must be so sweet together.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww... I adore your comment, lucent imagery:)

Becky Kozak said...

I love your rituals! I wish that I had the energy to get up in the morning, my morning ritual is more along the lines of hitting snooze until I absolutely must get out of bed!!


xo Becky
Seductive Mania

Lena said...

Your ritual sounds lovely. I have two kids and our mornings are anything but crazy. But I wouldn't change a thing:).

Diana Mieczan said...

Becky:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I LOVE that, Lena:) Your comment melted my heart:)

tutusandtea said...

Love this one... isn't morning time just the best time....? Thanks for sharing darling !

Princess said...

This is cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk