Morning Of Champions!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Remember when last week we talked about our special little morning rituals? Well, I just read a fun article about what super successful people do first-thing in the morning and to my surprise they all get up ridiculously early.

Even though President Obama is a self-proclaimed night owl, he always starts off his morning with a little workout. Same goes for his beautiful wife, Michelle: exercise is at the top of her morning to-do list. She is so committed that she gets up at 4:30 am. Yowza! She also said that if she skips a day or two, she gets depressed.

Following the same 4:30am suit, Gwyneth Paltrow starts her day with asanas and Anna Wintour goes for a tennis match.

But there are also a few that don’t bother working out in the morning, like Disney CEO Rober Iger, who despite his very early 4:30am wake up call, starts his day off pretty relaxing. He reads his paper, catches up on the world news and emails.

Or The Iron Lady who used to get up at 5am just to listen to her favourite broadcast program on BBC Radio 4. My dad gets up at 5am each morning just so he can enjoy some morning news and a cup of coffee on his own before his wife wakes up at 7am.

What time do you get up? xo

(via Huffington Post and via Naina. Photos via Michelle Obama and Popsugar)


Anonymous said...

Uff 4:30 am is very early and I would never manage to do so since I go to bed only around 1 am each night. I'm such a night owl but I have a pretty early start in the at 6am. On the weekend I always try to sleep in.

little t said...

I'm usually up before 8am, even at weekends and I thought I was an early bird, but 4.30am! Pffft!

Keely said...

4:30 am exerciser, here. If I don't exercise in the morning, I won't do it when I get home from work. First-time commenter, too. Love your blog!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

That really got me thinking, sweetie!

I used to be a morning person. I was up by 5am not to work out just to really have the chance to ease up and start the day at my own pace. I love that when everything around is just serene and calm and peaceful.

I am lucky enough to not have a morning commute - I walk to my office for about 10 minutes (and yes, 10 minutes back home :)

During the last couple of months I couldn´t get up early and I couldn´t sleep at night - it was a nightmare, therefore I was constantly stressed out, didn´t eat right, forgot to drink enough etc.

Waking up early helps me making better decisions during the day dietwise, no junkfood, no stress eating, it all comes more natural to me to nourish my body with great food, I also feel more alert and I love to take that extra route and NOT walk straight to work but enjoy a little stroll just when the city is about to wake up.... also getting to work before 7am allows me to get plus hours which may translate into a couple of days off at the end of the month :)

Thanks for this reminder - this made me get up early again today and so far it´s been great :)


Diana Mieczan said...

Weekends are made for sleeping in, aren't they, Anonymous?

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww you are so sweet, Keely! And you made me blush:) Btw: you are amazing for getting up at 4:30 to exercise. Awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Martie and how interesting that getting up early helps you in making better decisions about what you eat that day. I love that!

Polly Rowan said...

I can't imagine getting up at 4:30am! That is the middle of the night for me! I used to get up for uni at 8am, or 7am if I wanted to go on a run. I like to catch up on blog reading and emails while I eat my breakfast. At the moment I'm on summer break so not really in a routine! I can't imagine getting up earlier than 6am on a regular basis though!

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, happy summer break:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk