Literature + Fromage

Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Oh boy, does it get any better than a combination of amazing cheese and their literary counterparts? The likes of Virginia Woolf’s Baybey Hazen Blue cheese that is like a delicious modern classic and ‘the moment you first fell in love with it, will permeate in your memory for years. Don’t let this one get away.’ Or Tom Robbins' crazy mixed-up world of Taleggio cheese that 'is raunchy but unmistakably delicious'. Or even Joyce Carol Oates' mysterious yet tantalizing Humbolt Fog cheese that is 'like the inevitable English class discussion of Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been.' But my favourite one of all is undeniably F. Scott Fitzgerald’s tripe-créme La Tur cheese. 'It’s the perfect cheese to impress a woman like Zelda Fitzgerald and whisk her off to a night of drinking and dancing on table-tops.'

Swoon! Holly Moly, who is craving some stinky good cheese right about now? What’s your favourite one? xo

P.S: Fancy more?
P.P.S: Also, Literature + Food:)

(via Sho & Tell via The Airship)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made my week. I love reading and good cheese. My fave is mature cheddar.

Liesl said...

This is too FUN! I have an undying love for cheese, and so this just adds a clever spin on it! :)

Dancing Branflake said...

I agree with Liesl!!!! So cute!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, we just had some cheddar yesterday. It's so good:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Liesl, oh me too! I LOVE cheese so much.

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, happy birthday, sweetie.

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

Just LOVE this post! So fun!! And yes, I want some stinky cheese now! btw, I made that chocolate shell on vanilla ice cream last night--to die for!

xo Mary Jo

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Mary Jo:) Btw: stinky cheese is the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk