Lavender Festival

Monday, July 22, 2013



Have you ever heard of the Lavender Festival? Me neither, till last night when I got utterly enchanted by Catherine's post. Each July, Sequin in Washington transforms into a three-day-long glorious weekend where you can spontaneously hop between all the beautiful lavender farms in the area. Each farm is open and ready to welcome the visitors with lavender-infused blueberry scones, lavender and lemon sorbet and of course the always refreshing lavender lemonade. You can also cut your own lavender bouquets to take home or buy small starter lavender kit to plant in your yard. But the best part for me would be just strolling around all the 50 different types of lavender and enjoying the beautiful and relaxing scent. Blissful, don’t you think? Do you like lavender? xo

P.S: Also, British lavender fields.
P.P.S. And the scrumptious lavender hot chocolate:)

(Photos by Catherine and Kristina)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend a weekend. If I could, I would have lavender scent all around my apartment all the time. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I am so with you on that. I love the relaxing smell of lavender.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

One of my good friends lives in Sequim, it's a fun festival!

Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...

I wonder if it made her sleepy. Lavender always chills me out to the point of napping.

Anonymous said...

i do lov it , i bought lately smalle planet og it , i hope it grow well

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Michelle:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, good point. It does that to me too. It's so super chillaxing:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Wonderful, Anonymous. Fingers crossed:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk