Laundry Detergent Made Easy

Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Have you tried making your own washing detergent before? For a while now I've been spotting tutorials on it everywhere and since I'm not much of a diy-type, I never really tried it myself. That was till last week when I finally gave in after Celine's post and I am so glad I did. It took only a few minutes and 3 ingredients that you can easily buy in your local grocery store: Borax, washing soda and a soap like Fels-Naptha or Ivory, but after Celine's advice I went with a simple bar of Dove. The best part is you just mix it all in and it's ready to go. I washed probably 6 loads with it so far and it works as a normal detergent would. I am amazed and I love how good it feels to try something new. Would you give it a go? (Here is the full how-to). xo

P.S: Laundry.
P.P.S: A beautiful GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!

(Photo by Celine Kim)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 3 ingredients? I am definitely trying it. Just wanted to tell you how much I love your posts.

Chapstick Fanatic said...

I have been wanting to make my own so i may give it a try!

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I'd love to try this out some time! I wonder if the formula would be different for front loading, HE machines.


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Em said...

Nice idea! very useful especially now that I'm living independently :)
<3
www.loveandelegance.info

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

I have tried it and not too successfully but I make a mean organic ant killer :)

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Do you know about the anti-bacterial properties of this "recipe"? I've also wanted to try it but have been hesitant because I want all the gross germies dead.

Vintage Market Place said...

my family is super sensitive to all detergents so using the dove in it is a great alternative for us.
Great tips
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Anonymous:) So sweet of you to say that.

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, I use a front loading machine and it works just fine:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Em:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lisa, yes I read that it actually works exactly as the store-bought-kind when it comes to anti-bacterial properties. They tested both and it came up pretty the same. Hope that helps.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, wonderful! Actually if you follow the link from the post you can read more about how to make it even more fitting for sensitive skin or allergies.

Melissa Blake said...

What a great idea!! xoxo

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

surprisingly easy!

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Michelle?

Jamillah said...

oooo, this could definitely be something i get into!!thanks for sharing diana!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Jamillah:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk