How to get smooth summer legs in under 3 minutes?

Monday, July 22, 2013

There is nothing better than summer sun kissed bare legs, is there? The only problem is shaving. Well, it’s an understatement to say that shaving is a hassle! The worse bit is when I am in a hurry and I unknowingly skip a patch around my knees since I shave my legs in the bath while trying to use my (non existent) muscles to hold them up:). I usually only notice the patches when I am already out of the flat and there is no time to go back. Yowza! But that is all history since I started using Petra’s nifty little shaving trick that leaves legs smooth and soft like a baby’s bottom :)

Here is how it goes: Have a shower or a bath as usual. In the end reserve yourself about 3 minutes to apply body lotion onto your wet skin (I use this body oil) and shave outside the shower, where you can see and reach every inch of your legs so much better. The lotion/oil makes navigating much easier and faster and leaves your legs wonderfully smooth with an extra close shave. Oh boy, vacation legs, here I come!

Would you try it? What’s your favourite shaving trick? (My friend uses ice cubes after shaving and no lotion). xo

P.S. Also, a fun little lipstick trick and this awesome sunburn trick.
P.P.S: Plus, nail polish chip-proof tip!

(Tip via Glamour. Photo via Rubber Square)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very glad you posted this because we are going to Greece next week and I was already worried about my legs. I always forget to shave them well.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Lotion definitely sounds like a great idea and would act in a similar fashion as shaving gel (what I use!)


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Erin said...

I use cheap moisturising shampoo to shave with, and do it in the shower. That way I can see where I haven't managed to get, and it keeps my skin soft.

Dancing Branflake said...

This kind of blows my mind! Shaving outside the shower? Okay, I'm totally trying this. not only that, but it would save on water. Win win!

LyddieGal said...

sounds quite clever! I'll have to do this next time!
Chic on the Cheap

Cara @ Lilac and Grey said...

hmmm I'll have to try!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Anonymous, have the best time in Greece:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, totally! And as an extra, it also deep-moisturizes your legs in the same time.

Diana Mieczan said...

Erin, what a good tip!

Diana Mieczan said...

yay, Tiffany:)

little t said...

There is as annoying as finding a little patch when you're out and there is nothing you can do about it! Happens all the time...

Diana Mieczan said...

little t:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk