Home Roasting Coffee

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Coffee or tea? I’m a flat-out coffee lover and when I spotted this interview with Thomas on home coffee roasting, I literally jumped up with excitement. I’ve always wanted to try roasting but never really knew how to go about it. Thomas says it’s easy-peasy to the point that it actually can be easier than baking bread or making popcorn. Who knew? He continues to say that you just need a cast-iron skillet or a fancy little roaster or even a popcorn popper and some green coffee beans. The whole process takes only about 4 minutes - incredible!

Ah, simplicity at its best and whether it comes out right or not, I bet you it will taste 1000 times better because you made it yourself. Fancy trying it too? Btw: What’s your favourite coffee? xo

P.S: Fancy some awesome coffee shop chatter in your home?
P.P.S: And my all time favourite coffee concentrate.

(Photos by Tec Petaja for Kinfolk)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Popcorn popper? I have an old one that I haven't use for a very long time. Now I need to put it to a good use. Excited. Coffee all the way.

Minha vida de campo said...

Esse café me abriu o apetite. Que legal o jeito dele fazer.
Bjos e tenha uma ótima semana.

erinkathleen said...

my husband used to roast coffee with a popcorn popper; it still amazes me that something so simple works for roasting coffee! It's only a specific models that work though, so be sure to do your research if you take the plunge. I recently got him a "fancy little roaster"; it's so nice to smell roasting coffee in the basement!

P.S. we're coffee fans. :)

Melissa Blake said...

Yummy!!! That looks delicious!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i am a total coffee lover - so THIS is amazing!

lucent imagery said...

Oh I missed that article. Will be sharing it with my in-laws who have just harvested some beans off their backyard coffee tree and want to try home roasting for the first time.

Tagg said...

I am a coffee person. Lately though, I've been trying out the teas from TWG (IDK if you might find it in your place). Their Sakura Sakura! tea smells just heavenly! :)

Nicole Underwood said...

whoa! Super read idea!

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Anonymous. You totally should!

Diana Mieczan said...

Minha vida de campo :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so cool, Erin and thanks for the tip. Balazs and I will surely try it. We love coffee and roasting at home will be amazing. Plus, the idea of coffee smell all over my flat makes me swoon:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Ilene:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, lucent imagery, how awesome that your in-laws have a coffee tree in their backyard. What a dream!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tagg, sounds wonderful! I'll check them out.

Finn Felton said...

If you are looking to prepare a coffee after roasting the beans yourself you can use this method. Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Finn Felton

Kopi Luwak

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk