Family Portraits with a Twist

Monday, July 1, 2013

Grandma Ilva

Camilla's mom

Nanny Renata

Grandpa Mario

Grandpa Antonio

Brilliant! Here is a unique take on family portraits by an Italian photographer, Camilla Catrambone. Instead of snapping photos of individual family members, she created a portrait of each loved one through a selection of their signature possessions that are characteristic to them. How uniquely genius and distinctive, wouldn’t you say?

What would you have on your photo? (On mine, among other things, there would probably be a piece of super stinky cheese, my old teddy that I got from my dad when I was little, a lipstick, and probably some coffee).

P.S: Plus, Skype family reunions and this awesome family photo:)

(via Sho & Tell)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How clever of her. I can truly picture those people after their objects. I would say that my photo would be a collection of spoons, forks, tea towels, hair clips and my dear apron that I cook in every single day. Cheers, Grace.

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

These are so beautiful! I would love to think about what a portrait of my friends and family would look like!
xo Mary Jo

duniafana said...

coool...is this minimalist?

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

What a cool concept! Hmm, I would have some red lipstick, a great bright shade of nail polish, a favorite dress, and my iPhone and camera to start!


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Monica | Hola!design said...

Lovely! My portrait would have my camera, my kindle and the earrings I wear everyday!

Blond Duck said...

That's so much more telling than a grimace and stiff pose!

Reese Carrozzini said...

Such a cool idea! Love it!

xoxo
Wishing you a wonderful day sweetie!
www.reesecarrozzini.com

Laura Bear said...

These images are so beautiful and so telling of the person!

I am always so curious what other ladies have in their purses, and shot like this, I think would be pretty awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Your photo would look so beautiful, Grace:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Love that, Chic 'n Cheap Living:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Blond Duck!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Laura! I always wonder about that too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk