exPress-o Film Club: This Is 40

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Darlings, have you seen This is 40? What did you think? Last Sunday we not only indulged in this pasta but we also caught up on this film and I am so glad we did! It is a hilariously-honest portrayal of a marriage and a family. It's all about a woman who turns 40, yet want's to be still 38, a men who craves creative fulfilment yet is stuck in the past and kids who are smarter than their parents give them credit for + a little surprise. It's a witty comedy-drama about marriage and family struggles and how in the end they are the glue that will hold everything together.

So, if you are in the mood for some belly-laughs, a few aww moments, a one or two "I want to cover my eyes" scenes and a whole lot of great watching, this film is totally for you. It's refreshing and very Judd Apatow.:)

Bits and bobs:
- This film was written and directed by Judd Apatow.
- He also directed Knocked UpThe 40-year-old Virgin and he also produced 10 episodes of Girls, Bridesmaids and The Five-Year Engagement.
- Fancy some funny bloopers?
- Leslie Mann on why 40 isn't such a big deal.
- You might remember her from the hilarious Knocked Up or The 40-year-old Virgin or even the awesome The Change-Up.
- And she was great on Jimmy Fallon.
- Paul Rudd aka the husband on having British parents and on the film.
- Oh boy, I can't wait for Anchorman 2, you?
- Here are his top 10 performances:)
- Jason Segel was brilliant is the film and I just adore him on How I Met Your Mother.
- Have you seen him in The Muppets?
- I also loved him in The Five-Year Engagement.
- Fancy a few of his dating tips?
- Oh boy, that scene is hilarious.
- There is also Megan Fox as Desi the shop-assistant.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that I love right now.

(Photos via IMDb)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

After your change up movie post recommendation, I watched it last Friday. It was very funny and heartfelt in a way. Jill

Vintage Market Place said...

Oh i hate to say but i hated it. I had to turn it off. I found it so depressing and they treated each other so horribly. I was expecting light funny and silly.
Amy

Rachel @ Existation said...

I love this movie. It took me forever to finally watch it, even though I had wanted to see it since the day it came out in theaters, and it was totally worth it once I finally did. Anything Judd Apatow makes is all right by me.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

i liked this movie- there were some great scenes and nothing will beat when they go away and eat shrooms. lol

Punctuation Mark said...

there were some clever moments but i expected more... maybe i had really high expectations and they were just not fulfilled... sorry!

M. said...

I loooved this movie! my hubby and I got some gooood laughs out it :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, totally agree.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rachel, I am so with you on that. Judd Apatow is awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jaime...that was hilarious, wasn't it?

Beaded Chiffon Court Train Lace Pleats Applique Wedding Dress said...

So funny birthday party. Birthday dress could be nice and charming, attracting eyeballs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk