Darlings, have you seen This is 40? What did you think? Last Sunday we not only indulged in this pasta but we also caught up on this film and I am so glad we did! It is a hilariously-honest portrayal of a marriage and a family. It's all about a woman who turns 40, yet want's to be still 38, a men who craves creative fulfilment yet is stuck in the past and kids who are smarter than their parents give them credit for + a little surprise. It's a witty comedy-drama about marriage and family struggles and how in the end they are the glue that will hold everything together.
So, if you are in the mood for some belly-laughs, a few aww moments, a one or two "I want to cover my eyes" scenes and a whole lot of great watching, this film is totally for you. It's refreshing and very Judd Apatow.:)
Bits and bobs:
- This film was written and directed by Judd Apatow.
- He also directed Knocked Up, The 40-year-old Virgin and he also produced 10 episodes of Girls, Bridesmaids and The Five-Year Engagement.
- Fancy some funny bloopers?
- Leslie Mann on why 40 isn't such a big deal.
- You might remember her from the hilarious Knocked Up or The 40-year-old Virgin or even the awesome The Change-Up.
- And she was great on Jimmy Fallon.
- Paul Rudd aka the husband on having British parents and on the film.
- Oh boy, I can't wait for Anchorman 2, you?
- Here are his top 10 performances:)
- Jason Segel was brilliant is the film and I just adore him on How I Met Your Mother.
- Have you seen him in The Muppets?
- I also loved him in The Five-Year Engagement.
- Fancy a few of his dating tips?
- Oh boy, that scene is hilarious.
- There is also Megan Fox as Desi the shop-assistant.
P.S: Plus, a few other films that I love right now.
(Photos via IMDb)