exPress-o Film Club: The Change-Up

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Have you seen the 2011 comedy The Change-Up? What did you think? It’s a fun and light-hearted summer type of film about two best friends played brilliantly by Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman. As expected they get themselves in a little predicament after peeing in a fountain and from that point on nothing is the same as before since they wake up in each other’s bodies. One has a wife, great job and a beautiful family. The other one is single and ready to mingle.

So if you’re in a mood for tons of laugh out loud moments, a few “oh my goodness, he didn’t do that, did he?” parts and just a fun evening in front of the telly, this film is totally for you!

Bits and bobs:
- This movie was directed by David Dobkin who also directed Wedding Crushers.
- One of my all time favourite films with Ryan Reynolds is The Proposal. I just adore that comedy!
- But he started his carrier as Billy Simpson on Fifteen.
- He was also brilliant in Buried. It's one of the most unsettling films I've ever seen.
- He is so funny!
- One of my favourite films Jason Bateman played in was Horrible Bosses. Have you seen it?
- The second part is coming next year.
- Jason also played in a little known comedy Extract with Mila Kunis and Kisten Wiig.
- Ha! Have you watched Little House on the Prairie back in the day? He played James Cooper there.
- Jason and Ryan on the film.
- Giggle!
- Jason on his beard = hilarious!
- They have such a fun relationship!
- Leslie Mann played the wife and I am really looking forward to see her in This Is 40 now.
- This movie wouldn't be complete without the wonderful Olivia Wilde.
- Remember her from The O.C.?
- Haha, here she talks about the awkward scene from the film.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that you might be in the mood for.

(Photos via IMDb)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this one yet but since I have a huge crush on Ryan Reynolds, I have to watch it tonight. Jill

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh...definitely have to check this one out. Sounds hilarious!

Tish said...

yes and I loved it. I actually skipped it in the theater because I thought it would be lame, but it was highly entertaining. It's now one of those flicks I'll always stop and watch if it's on tv. Good one.

Punctuation Mark said...

I love this movie... Hilllllarious!!! I watched this is 40 and eve. Though I loved the actors the movie was a bit blah because she was a little extreme and too winy... I was disappointed because I expected it to be amazing... You tell me what you think when you see it

Take care !

Diana Mieczan said...

He is adorable, isn't he, Jill?

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa, it really is!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally with you on that, Tish!

Diana Mieczan said...

Punctuation Mark, I totally will let you know. I am planning to watch it over the weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk