Energy Boosting Chia Fresca

Monday, July 8, 2013


Have you ever tried chia seeds? It's one of the most in demand superfoods right now. Even though those little black seeds don’t seem too fancy, they are actually packed with tons of goodness from fibre, protein, calcium, magnesium to Omega-3 fatty acids. They are also said to boost energy level and are great while running, exercising or walking. The best part is that they help with hydration since they absorb up to 9-10 times of their weight in water.  I’ve had them before in oatmeal and smoothies but never in drinking water. Well, that is about to change from today. I am taking Angela’s advice and add them to my daily water-bottle, since an energy kick would be very welcome around here:) What do you think? Would you try it?

Psst: Simply mix 1.5 tbsp of chia seeds with 2 cups of water (or coconut water), half tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and a bit of honey (or maple syrup) for sweetens. Shake it and ta dah! Here is the full how to.

P.S: Plus, this jazzy take on water.
P.P.S: And those nifty lemon and mint ice cubes.

(Photos by Angela)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so interesting. I never heard about those seeds but since they help with energy level, I'm going to try them too. I feel like a deflated balloon lately.

Diana Mieczan said...

I so know the feeling, Anonymous. It will help for sure!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Doesn´t it get jello-like?! I only have experience with chia seeds in dessert like Mango Chia Seed Pudding which is divine - also posted about it here:
http://spunkyrella.blogspot.co.at/2012/07/whoaaa-of-week-chia-seeds.html

xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes it does get jelly, Martie but I kind of like that:) Btw: Thanks for the link. I am going to check it out right now. Muah

Kristina said...

I like to out chia seeds in my museli, smoothies etc but never thought about adding them to plain water! will give it a try!! :)

Kait said...

Yum!!! I have had chia seeds with almond milk before and a little agave - very yummy! This version looks great for summer :)

Diana Mieczan said...

It's actually really nice, Kristina! I love it so far:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kait, I cant wait to try your take on it too. Thanks!

Annie said...

I enjoy this :) I put chia seeds in my smoothies a lot!

Anonymous said...

I will be needing that extra energy boost since I will start fasting for Ramadan tomorrow. I went out and bought a bag of chia seeds and prepared the chia fresca drink, gearing up for tomorrow. Thanks for this post!
~Kori

Diana Mieczan said...

Annie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Kori!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk