Do nothing for 2 minutes

Monday, July 15, 2013

Can you do completely nothing for 2 minutes? It’s harder than you think :) Last night my friend Sofia sent me this link with a little note that said, I challenge you :) Well, the link takes you to a page with a beautiful ocean view and a counter. The only thing it asks you is to sit and listen to the waves for a short 120 seconds - that is it! Can you do it? It’s weirdly soothing and extremely relaxing if you can commit to do nothing for the next two minutes. Give it a try and tell me how it went. xo

P.S: Are you fully present in the moment?
P.P.S: Plus, relaxing = productivity.

(Photo via ffffound)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun link and I had to go twice before I could reach the full two minutes without getting distracted with something.

Fashion art and other fancies said...

Nothing to do for 2 minutes? I sit in the woods and dream.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, awesome! I had to go twice at first too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Lovely, Fashion art and other fancies:)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Hmm, that would be quite hard for me. But I've done it on a beach so I could try again!


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Christianna said...

I do this when I'm writing all the time! It's nice to clear your mind and think of nothing and do nothing for a few minutes. Ideas and strategies always pop into my head! I fully agree that this is awesome!

Bryony said...

It's great - I love the sound of the waves. My only problem is that it gives you that angry red FAIL notice if you don't make it for two minutes! My son bumped the desk with the vacuum the first time and so it got mad at me.

LyddieGal said...

I could definitely do it, but I think concentrating on the time would make it hard!
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/2013/07/anchors-away.html

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna, that is a great idea to just let the creative thinking brew for a few minutes before starting to write, I like that a lot!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Bryony! Your comment made me smile and yes, the angry red FAIL notice is not too lovely.

Anonymous said...

i did , yeah

Anonymous said...

i did , yeah

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk