City Summer Hats: Thumbs up or down?

Monday, July 8, 2013




Do you wear a straw hat during summer? The tricky thing about running errands and strolling around the city is that sometimes you don’t even feel the sun impact till you get home and notice how red your cheeks got. Oh boy, this happened to me way too many times to count and I always promised myself to get a hat afterwards. Well, a few weeks ago after yet another of those days I came home to a new straw hat that Balazs got me earlier that day. Nothing fancy, just a simple Trilby-type that I haven’t parted from ever since. I just love how it keeps my face cool and it looks pretty with my summer clothes. Plus, it's healthy for my skin. I’m totally hooked now. How about you? Would you wear one too? xo

P.S: And this summer staple.
P.P.S: City backpacking.

(Photos by/via Fickle Whimsy, Toast, Habitually Chic, A Well Traveled Woman, That Kind of Woman, Vanessa Jackman)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do. I have a very sensitive skin so I always make sure to wear a hat during summer. Mine is about 8 years old but looking at the ladies above I would probably need a new one. Cheers, Grace.

Tanvi said...

Thumbs up for sure!!!

Vintage Market Place said...

Yes thumbs way up!
I have two in my summer collection and I just wore them both this week for an easy breezy style with a low side messy bun peeking out below.
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, so with you on that! My skin really doesn't like the hot-sun!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Tanvi:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I was just sporting this morning a low messy bun with my hat:) Yay to summer hats:)

Fashion art and other fancies said...

Adore hats - in summer, autumn and winter.

Diana Mieczan said...

Fashion art and other fancies, I love that! Btw: you always look so beautiful wearing your hats!

Elsa de Diego said...

I couldn't love them more! Stylish and functional. BTW, I thought about you last week, as we rented I Give It A Year. We've been joking about the 'I travel the world in genetic jeans' thing, during the last days! Thanks for the recommendation! Have an awesome week! Xo,

little t said...

Thumbs up - I love them! I love the last girl in her cool shades.

Chrissy said...

I love straw hats and just got a new one on a farmer's market for the mister and I for our upcoming vacation to the Baltic Sea! Have a wonderful week, dear! xxx

Chrissy said...

I love straw hats and just got a new one on a farmer's market for the mister and I for our upcoming vacation to the Baltic Sea! Have a wonderful week, dear! xxx

Kristina said...

Yes, I actually wear a straw hat but never ever looked so good and smart as the beauties shown on the pictures! I am doing something wrong for sure!! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, my pleasure, Elsa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t, yup! Those shades are awesome.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I LOVE Baltic Sea, Chrissy! Have an amazing time there.

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristina, I bet you look totally adorable wearing your hat:)

LyddieGal said...

a VERY big thumbs up from me!
but I want to know, how do you get it to stay on your head while riding a bike?

Laura Bear said...

AH yes!! I am so behind on all your lovely posts ( I was on vacation) and I am so glad to come back to endless inspiration!
I rocked a straw hat all throughout vacation and I am happy to say that I am not sunburned one bit! woohoo!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie, I usually pin the sides with bobby pins. It works like a charm:) Hope that helps.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are so sweet, Laura:) Hope you had a fantastic vacation, sweetie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk