Babies On My Mind...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013


I don’t know about you, but in our part of the world, it seems that every other week I get news that yet another of our friends is expecting. I’m getting the feeling that the whole block is having babies right now:)  It’s incredibly touching to see all the round baby bumps, the penguin walks (as my friend Anna used to call it while she was pregnant) and the mesmerizing glow they embody. It goes without saying that it all gives me a proper case of baby fever. Lately, I’ve been thinking about motherhood a lot and I've been also collecting photos on my desktop of those precious little moments. The other day a friend told me this quote by Erma Bombeck while we were chatting:

When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.

In a weird kind of way it totally sums it up to me. Gasp:) So tell me, are you having a case of baby fever too? Are you pregnant? How far along? Maybe you are working on it or you just had a baby? A few? Or maybe you are not ready yet? xo

P.S: And our future baby name. Plus, those cuties:)
P.P.S: Also, my rambling on babies and age and adoption and surrogacy.

(Photos by Andria Lindquist, Meaghan Curry, via Pennyweight)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly enjoying motherhood; it is truly the happiest state in which I have ever found myself. I love the photos you found!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Left it anonymously! - HiLLjO

Keelie Sheridan said...

My best friend is having a baby within a week or two. It's been exciting to see her go through the process! I definitely want kids some day, but I'm so far from ready at the moment! I've got to get myself settled and established before I can even think about looking after someone else! :)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

These photos are just so sweet! i'm with you and all my friends are pregnant (some with their second!) Soon enough (hopefully!)


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

28 weeks until we meet our first little guy Huck! Scary, exciting, surreal, special....

xo
Lenore

Jessica said...

Although many of my friends have children I don't have a case of baby fever just yet. I have quite a few changes I want to make in my life before babies can even be considered. But I do have to admit that when I see someone with a baby it makes me think that I want a couple of those someday.

Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

lauren jean allece said...

I have three amazing nephews, one niece and TWO new nieces on the way (and another best friend is due next month!) - I definitely have baby fever, but we're keeping it at bay with being an auntie :)

And oh my goodness, that top photo is the wife & son of one of the pastors at my church! Sweetest newborn photos ever!

LyddieGal said...

I think you are right about everyone being pregnant all of a sudden! it's overwhelming!
Chic on the Cheap

erinkathleen said...

I am in the same boat with you! Everywhere I look there are babies and friends that are pregnant. I have major baby fever. At times I worry that I'm not ready, but I'm a bit of a worrier. I'm not sure if I'll ever be 100% ready. For the moment, I'm content with all the neighbor kids who play in our front yard...they seem to have adopted my husband and I as "cool" adults. It makes me realize simultaneously that kids are tons of fun, but ALOT of work. :)

Bryony said...

I'm one of those many pregnant people at the moment! This baby will be our second and is due at the end of December. Our son is nearly 2 and is quite excited...though he doesn't *really* get what's going on yet. And for the record, no one is ever 100% ready to have kids...there's just no such thing. There's always some aspect of it that will take you by surprise, and that's just part of the fun! :)

M. said...

it's in the air :)

I love the set of photos you posted here, all super cute!

Rita said...

awww..cuties! I don't know whether I'm ready or not. I should be, by now, but I don't feel it, not yet.. However, I have a great contact with kids, they love my glasses too ;)
I like looking at people glowing while talking about their children :)
beautiful pictures!
hugs!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I adore your comment, HiLLjO:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Keelie, congrats to your friend:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living :) xoxoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Lenore, how exciting!!! Congrats, sweetie.

Diana Mieczan said...

No way, Lauren:) I love that photo!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love that, Erin!. All our nieces and nephews think that Balazs is super "cool". He adores that.

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, that is exactly what my friend said the other day. It's so true that you simply can't be 100% ready to have a baby:) I am so excited for you.

Diana Mieczan said...

M :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rita, me too:) It's the sweetest thing, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk