A love letter to the fog of San Francisco

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


Holy Moly! Undeniably, the San Francisco fog is one of the most mesmerizing sights there is, but I had no clue how much more astonishing it is when it's captured on a time-laps film.

So if you have 4 minutes to spare, brew yourself a cup of coffee or a tea and let yourself get totally and utterly lost in this piece. Genius filmmaker, Simon Christen created this little love letter to his beloved SF fog over a period of 2 years. He had to get up at 5 am to drive to the Marin Headlands for a morning shoot. The result is dreamy. It looks like the puffy fog flows through the city, undulates and seemingly swallows part of it in its perpetual state of motion.

Breathtaking, don’t you think? Have you been to San Francisco before? Do you live there? Would you like to? xo

P.S: Plus, San Francisco at dusk and this spot in Norway.
P.P.S: The music in the video is by The Album Leaf, you can download it here for free.

(via This is Colossal. Photos by Terence Chang, Simon Christen and via The Nowhere Girls, redSphere)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to visit SF sometime soon and get the chance to see the fog. The video is mind-blowing. I couldn't ask for a better way to start my day Diana. Thanks
-Ola

HelloSweetcheeks said...

I agree! The one and only time I've ever been there, we stayed at a hotel right downtown. I LOVED watching the fog roll in every evening. It would literally roll down the buildings. I was mesmerized for sure!

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

We've been to SF several times this past year. It's one of my favorite cities!

Behold the Metatron said...

So amazing. I've been to SF only once. I am going again in October though. Very excited.

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Rachel @ Existation said...

Wowwwwowowow. I live in LA but I LOVE San Francisco...

LyddieGal said...

gorgeous shots - and great video, thanks for sharing!
Chic on the Cheap

lucent imagery said...

I adored exploring San Fran - even the hills I adored! We never saw the entire bridge as it was covered in fog at the very top. But it felt kind of right to see it that way anyway.

Monica | Hola!design said...

These pictures are amazing! I'd love to go to San Francisco someday.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Ola:)

Diana Mieczan said...

HelloSweetcheeks, how wonderful.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, that is awesome, Kristen:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rachel:) And lucent imagery, I love what you said:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk