Looking At Art

Monday, June 10, 2013




Are you into art? Do you go to galleries, photo exhibitions or museums? Just as a date, an afternoon with friends or on your own? After Di wrote this post, I thought about how recently I haven't really been to a gallery and it has been ages since I went to a museum. I walk by many of them on daily basis and ironically there is a huge one just across the street from our flat. I always stop for at least a minute to admire the new pieces and then move on with my day.




On the other hand, my friend Josh often skips his work-lunch to pop into galleries. He jokingly says their vibe and the incredible art does more for him than the best therapy could :) Just looking at those photos of people utterly lost in all this beauty proves Joss' point, doesn't it? After spending the morning browsing through art gallery listings I'm itching for an afternoon surrounded by art! Fancy getting art-y with me? Any favourite spots around your city? xo

Psst: Here is a photo of me at the Musée National d'Art Moderne in the Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris. (What a place)

P.S: Also the incredible images of guardians of Russian art.
P.P.S: And scratching the surface!

(Photos by Valeria LazarevaEmiliano, Diana Moss, Chuck Burgess, Hendrik van Leeuwen, Alécio de Andrade, Elliott Erwitt- Museo del Prado, Madrid, 1995, Jim  and via Simple Lovely, Cool pics, Caroline, Guzelonlu)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of you. The last time I went to a museum was in Rome last year. It's time to repeat it. Beautiful photos Diana.

-Ola

Chrissy said...

I love art and going to museums or art galleries! I love when local artists show their work in a vernissage! Last time I was at a vernissage was about 4 weeks ago.
Love that photo of you in Paris! I've been there before as well! Wonderful! xxx

dotblogg said...

I totally love going to the galeries and museums. The moment when I see enormous paintings is the best thing I can find in those wonderful places.
have a great day!
xoxo
J

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I look at art daily. xx

Jana @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

Lovely curation of photos-pinning several :)
J

Krystal said...

love these! so fun..

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Cutest post, Diana! I love art - hahaha so much I've dedicated my career to preserving it - and I must say my fave "strolling through a museum" experience was Philadelphia Museum of Art. The collection is outstanding and I just spend the day browsing with my ipod on. Pure bliss!

Vintage Market Place said...

Oh I completely miss living in a town that has a museum.
I worked for years in the St. Louis Art Museum and before they paid me I volunteered just to I could see the art and feel inspired.
sigh....
Amy

little t said...

Love this project!

holtkamp said...

yes! i love looking at art. we've been fortunate to live in some cities with wonderful museums.

Christianna said...

I love to go to art galleries and museums! There really aren't any near where I live though, but if I lived in Europe I'd go all of the time!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Ola and Rome is one of the most amazing places where you can see incredible art, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Chrissy. It's an amazing place, isn't it? We even had a picnic outside afterwards:)

Diana Mieczan said...

J, I love your comment.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tasia, that is wonderful!

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE that, Amy...:)

Diana Mieczan said...

holtkamp:)

LyddieGal said...

I love the image of the couple holding hands - and the one of you too of course!!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie, you are so sweet!

zain ul abidin kk said...

Any thing you want in Entertainment for Fun... Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
hotcurrentaffairs.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk