Intimate Glimpses Of The Shy Giant

Monday, June 17, 2013


Whenever I need a little easing into the day, I find myself browsing through photos of whales or jellyfish. For some unexplainable reason I find them utterly mesmerizing. Do you feel the same way? So, a few days ago my heart literally almost burst of joy when I stumbled upon Bryant's brave yet oh-so intimate glimpses of the shy, somehow very sensitive and incredibly beautiful giants, the Minke whales! For a 30 feet (9 meters) scary body, they surely have the most endearing eyes, don't they? Would you be brave enough to swim with whales or take part in whale watching? xo

P.S: Remember this awesome dude?
P.P.S: And the flamingos:)

(Top photo by Andrew Peacock and all the others by Bryant Austin, via Design Taxi)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, fish and whales have this great power to calm, relax or ease-into. Those images are beautiful

Dancing Branflake said...

I have an intense fear of whales. INTENSE. But even I could appreciate the beauty of these photos... once my heart calmed down a bit. whew!

jayme said...

how beautiful and incredible! i would absolutely do some whale watching, but the swimming with them portion makes me nervous because of other scary and dangerous ocean creatures!

HelloSweetcheeks said...

lovely. so peaceful (and scary because of their size). I'm totally in love with whales <3

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jayme, good point. I totally want to go whale watching one day soon.

Diana Mieczan said...

They are SO big, aren't they, HelloSweetcheeks? Yowza!

Kristina said...

I love whales and was lucky enough to snorkel in close proximity to a minke whale when I was visiting the Great Barrier Reef last week. it was breathtaking, even if it lasted only minutes! Will share pictures soon :)

Kristina x

little t said...

Incredible!

Diana Mieczan said...

I can't wait to see them, Kristina! That had to be incredible!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

little t :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk