Floral Pants: Thumbs up or down?

Thursday, June 6, 2013





What's your stand on floral pants? Last weekend while shopping for shorts, I noticed tons of girls sporting floral pants and while I was there, I tried on a pair. They looked lovely but I didn't buy them because I wasn't sure if I was brave enough to wear them regularly. On the other hand, yesterday while on a work meeting I spotted a girl wearing a pair of floral pants that looked a lot like this one from Zara. She paired it up with a simple boat-neck grey tee and sandals. She looked really pretty in that understated way that makes you feel "ha, I can pull this off too" :). So, now I am torn. What do you think? Would you wear floral pants this season? With what? Daily or just during special occasions, dates? Do tell! xo

P.S: 4 stylish ways to wear them:)
P.P.S: And floral dresses.

(Photos by/via Stay Classy, A Piece of toast, Two Two Oh Four, Andy Heart, Booksandliquor, Vanessa Jackman, Stylingon, The Sartorialist)

19 comments:

Em said...

I think you should have one. Its very pretty. You may not realize now how versatile that piece it but I bet you surely wouldn't want to miss something that has made a lot crazy with the floral trend :)
<3
www.loveandelegance.info

Jana Miller said...

I'm not big into florals-I like plain colors and maybe some stripes or a flash of floral in a scarf.
Jana @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering

Vintage Market Place said...

I am in love with them.
I haven't purchased a pair but I keep looking at them.
I did purchase a floral looking camo skinny pant and LOVE them. I get so many compliments on how skinny they are looking. Very flattering and are my super favorite pant ever. So I think I will try a dark floral print.
It really camouflages :)
Amy

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I love florals, so this is certainly a thumbs up:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, Em! Thanks.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, Oh la al...stripes are wonderful.

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Amy! I am totally going to try on a darker floral print next time around. Thanks!

LyddieGal said...

On these lovely ladies, a big thumbs up. on me, not so much.

Laura Bear said...

OH yesyesyes. I love it. I really like it mixed with a smaller floral print top. Floral crazy over here! :)

Little Obseervationist said...

Thumbs up! They are really pretty. I've been eyeing some up for a few weeks now and I think I've been inspired to go for it :)

Christianna said...

I think as long as they are flattering, you should rock them! Seems like something that would be really really cute on you. For me, they aren't really my style, plus I have awesome wide hips and patterns on my legs don't help.

Bryony said...

I think this is one of the few that I'm thumbs down on. It just reminds me way too much of my childhood in the early 90s! Don't get me wrong, it can be decently put-together, but mostly I just start having flashbacks of Bedazzlers and scrunchies!

Polly Rowan said...

Love floral pants! The first and fourth ones are gorgeous. Yes I think they're easier to pull off when they're fitted/ skinny rather than baggy summery ones. x

Jamillah said...

i LOVE my floral pants. they also go great with denim tops and in the fall they are nice with simple sweaters! i say definitely a do! you'd be surprised at how versatile they are!

me and floral 1: http://www.made-to-travel.com/2012/11/27/what-i-wore-farewell-flower-pants/

me and floral 2: http://www.made-to-travel.com/2012/09/05/what-i-wore-flower-pants/

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, that sounds like a sassy combo. I must try it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Little Obseervationist:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Christianna :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Bryony! :) Scrunchies are not a great look:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You look so sassy and beautiful in them, Jamillah:) Love the denim pairing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk