exPress-o Film Club: I Give It a Year

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lovelies, have you seen I Give It a Year? What did you think? It's a new film that I wanted to watch ever since I spotted the trailer. It's a very British, witty comedy about a couple who met, fell in love, got engaged and seven months later got married. Everything sounds perfect, doesn't it? Yet, it's really not!

Well, just image a bucket full of dysfunction, British quirkiness, one incredibly incompetent therapist, a dorky best friend who doesn't know when to stop blubbing, an ex-girlfriend/best friend and in-laws who can't stand the groom. Oh boy, challenging, huh? So if you're in the mood for a laugh out loud, light-hearted comedy full of adorable British accents, this film is totally for you. Oh, btw: Balazs watched it with me and he loved it too. So it's boy-safe:)

Bits and bobs:
- The film was directed by Dan Mazer who also produced brüno and Borat with Sasha Baron Cohen.
- The adorable Rose Byrne played the wife and I totally have a girl crush on her right now.
- You might remember her from Bridesmaids. She played Helen.  Have you seen it?
- And in 1999 she played brilliantly in a short called The Date.
- She is adorable and she has the most sassy bangs, doesn't she?
- Rafe Spall  is the husband and he also played in the Life of Pi.
- Here he talks about the film:)
- And he is funny too - giggle.
- If you watched or heard about The (British) Office, you might remember Stephen Merchant aka Ricky Gervais' best pal and co-writer of the series.
- Minnie Driver and Anna Faris were incredibly funny too.
- And of course the fanciable Simon Baker (or Partick from The Mentalist) who did a mighty good job being irresistible:)
- Fancy a giggle? I love bloopers:)
- They also have a hilarious Facebook page for the film.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that you might be in the mood for.

(Photos via IMDb)


Anonymous said...

I just watched it last week and it's safe to say that it's one of my favorite movies. Rose B. is beautiful.

Elsa de Diego said...

LOL...looks hilarious! Thanks for sharing, darling! Muah!

Dancing Branflake said...

I love Minnie Driver! I'd see it just for her.

Krystal said...

totally pinning this to watch!

Melissa Blake said...

This looks awesome...another movie to add to my list!!!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Oh I really fancy seeing this film, have seen so many trailers for it. Glad it is good, might have to get the hubby to watch it with me!
Daisy Dayz
Enter my giveaway to win one of 2 great books

LyddieGal said...

sounds great - adding it to my queue right now!
Chic on the Cheap

Anonymous said...

Pleasant surprise to see Rose Byrne as Owen Wilson's love interest in 'The Apprenticeship' with Vince Vaughn, too.

Anonymous said...

Putting 'I Give it a year' on my to watch list!

Nature Health Secrets said...

Need to see this one. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

Jana Miller said...

Yes... I have to see that :)
Jana@333 Days of Hand Lettering

HelloSweetcheeks said...

This is right up my alley....going to watch it VERY soon!

Diana Mieczan said...

She really is, indeed, Anonymous. And I loved her style in the film...The dresses were so pretty.

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, my pleasure and Tiffany, she was BRILLIANT!!! (So witty and so funny)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Krystal and Melissa.

Diana Mieczan said...

Chantele, you will love it!

Kirsty Girl said...

If you like Rose you NEEd to watch Two Hands it's a classic Australian Heath Ledger movie... So excellent!

Diana Mieczan said...

I will, sounds awesome! Thanks for that, Kirsty:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk