Lovelies, have you seen I Give It a Year? What did you think? It's a new film that I wanted to watch ever since I spotted the trailer. It's a very British, witty comedy about a couple who met, fell in love, got engaged and seven months later got married. Everything sounds perfect, doesn't it? Yet, it's really not!
Well, just image a bucket full of dysfunction, British quirkiness, one incredibly incompetent therapist, a dorky best friend who doesn't know when to stop blubbing, an ex-girlfriend/best friend and in-laws who can't stand the groom. Oh boy, challenging, huh? So if you're in the mood for a laugh out loud, light-hearted comedy full of adorable British accents, this film is totally for you. Oh, btw: Balazs watched it with me and he loved it too. So it's boy-safe:)
Bits and bobs:
- The film was directed by Dan Mazer who also produced brüno and Borat with Sasha Baron Cohen.
- The adorable Rose Byrne played the wife and I totally have a girl crush on her right now.
- You might remember her from Bridesmaids. She played Helen. Have you seen it?
- And in 1999 she played brilliantly in a short called The Date.
- She is adorable and she has the most sassy bangs, doesn't she?
- Rafe Spall is the husband and he also played in the Life of Pi.
- Here he talks about the film:)
- And he is funny too - giggle.
- If you watched or heard about The (British) Office, you might remember Stephen Merchant aka Ricky Gervais' best pal and co-writer of the series.
- Minnie Driver and Anna Faris were incredibly funny too.
- And of course the fanciable Simon Baker (or Partick from The Mentalist) who did a mighty good job being irresistible:)
- Fancy a giggle? I love bloopers:)
- They also have a hilarious Facebook page for the film.
P.S: Plus, a few other films that you might be in the mood for.
(Photos via IMDb)