Budapest Then and Now

Monday, June 3, 2013
Don't you just love getting a little peek into the past of different cities? (It's like looking at baby photos). I find projects like this utterly mesmerizing, especially when it's a city I've been to or the one that holds a special place in my heart, like Budapest. Recently a Hungarian photographer, Zoltán Kerényi created a beautiful photo series where he compared images from the 1900s Budapest to the present cosmopolitan city that it became. I love how accurately he matched all the different locations and that many of the buildings are still around today, pretty much in the same form. It's the city where Balazs was born, so it's a wonderful sneak peek for us. Have you ever been to Hungary before? How about Europe? xo

P.S: Also, Paris then and now.
P.P.S: People watching.

(via My Modern Met)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very much so, I wish someone would make a series like this with London as well. I've been to Budapest a few years ago for a festival with my now husband. We want to go back. They have the best potato pancakes there. Cheers, Grace

Becky Kozak said...

What an amazing project! And an amazing city, past, present, and future!

xo Becky
www.seductivemania.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, the potato pancakes are SO good. I love them with a serving of garlic on top, Grace:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Becky:)

Cara @ Lilac and Grey said...

a place i would love to visit!

Shelley | Crazy Wonderful said...

Those are amazing! I love how they are layered. It's like looking through a peephole to the past.

little t said...

Such a cool idea - definitely want to do this with some of my old childhood photos!

Marta said...

What a great project! I'd love to visit Budapest some day, I love old cities with history, charm and character.
Marta
http://www.abilingualbb.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

these are awesome!

Liesl said...

These shots, and comparisons, are incredible...love to see how the history has changed, and yet not changed, it at the same time! :) Also, happy to be back and catching up on lovely blogs I've missed while away, like yours! <3

Diana Mieczan said...

I love what you said, Shelley!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a great idea, little t:) You totally should.

Diana Mieczan said...

Liesl, you are so sweet! Welcome back. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Marta, you would adore Budapest...It has an incredible charm.

tutusandtea said...

I just love these brilliant photo series you always post...They are so creative, and out of the box...never failing to leave me with intriguing and thought provoking perspective! Thank you for sharing dear!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are the sweetest, tutusandtea. Your comment totally made my day. Thank you:) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Szepek a kepek! Most nagyon hianyzik Budapest!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk