Blueberry Season

Thursday, June 27, 2013
Did you score some fresh blueberries already this summer? Even though their official season will start in little over a week, I've been already spotting them around. So, yesterday on my way home from a meeting I picked up a small basket from a fruit stand and I could barely make it through the door before literally inhaling the whole thing. In a weird way bluberries mark the beginning of summer for me:) Do you feel the same way about a certain fruit?

Anyway, besides eating them straight from the basket like a 5-year-old, I also love them with homemade maple whipped cream and lemon zest - Martha Steward style. Have you ever tried it before? It's one of our favourite takes on blueberries. We are definitely having some tonight:)
What's your favoruite berry? How do you like it best?

P.S: Here is the full recipe and my beloved homemade blueberry sorbet.
P.P.S: Plus, dried or fresh blueberries?

(Second photo by Yossy Arefi)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blueberries hands down and lemon zest pairing sounds very fitting and delicious. Jill

little t said...

I love berry season!

Diana Mieczan said...

I think you would love it, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t :) The best season ever! xoxo

Ann Martin said...

Completely agree, Diana... blueberries mean summer to me too! They freeze beautifully, but I never seem to freeze enough to last until next blueberry season. Am trying to remedy that this year!

Cara @ Lilac and Grey said...

well you know where I am headed now, to get some fresh berries! We actually live about 1/2 hour from a huge blueberry farm!

Dancing Branflake said...

I have been killing pints and pints of blueberries with soymilk and granola. Every day. I can't get enough.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is SO cool, Cara!!! Have fun:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yum, Tiffany:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk