Bedtime Breakfast

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Having trouble catching some z's? Fancy a little tip to a better night's sleep? Recently, I read that the best bedtime snack is actually what you’d think as breakfast! So instead of having something heavy and rich for supper or late dinner, just go for a bowl of oats or granola (which contains sleep hormone) mixed with banana that is packed with calming magnesium and finish it off with some yoghurt or milk for that always important calcium. You will sleep like a newborn baby – promise! My new favourite is banana hemp granola. So good and incredibly soothing. Here is the full recipe. I’m curious, what do you usually have for breakfast? xo

P.S: Another super scrumptious granola with almonds and cranberries.
P.P.S: Plus, homemade granola bars:)

(Photos by Shaun - Happyolks)


Anonymous said...

Your advice makes so much sense. Whenever I eat something very heavy in the evening I can't sleep for half of the night and when I have just a fruit or a glass of milk, I sleep like a baby. Jill

Polly Rowan said...

This looks yum! Not sure i could eat breakfast for breakfast and dinner though! I love proper food too much. I love Swiss style muesli or porridge or sultana bran with a banana for breakfast. I love Grape Nut cereal too! (Nothing to do with either nuts or grapes but yummy). No one else seems to like it though!

little t said...

Aaaaah I always do this instinctively. Who knew it is actually beneficial?

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, oh I am craving a bowl of porridge :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Little t:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk