10 Mighty Summer Tea Towels

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

As Bon Appétit smartly pointed out, the mighty side towel is often forgotten in the hustle and bustle of the summer cooking. Well, since I’m smitten with its charm, today I’m on a mission to tea towel acknowledgment. I believe that this seemingly unimportant cotton rectangle cloth should get a massive credit for being super handy especially during summer picnics, bbq’s, garden parties and simple evenings on the balcony. It often saves us from burnt fingers, doubles as oven mitts and a cleaning whip or it’s also perfect as a wrapping paper (especially for hostess gifts). And if that is not enough, when wetted, it cools our wine and my favourite reason of all - it makes the kitchen feel fresh and sassy every single day with its fun patterns and colours. So here is a list of ten side towels that are cute, stylish, a bit cheeky and adorable. Which one tickles your fancy?

10 Mighty Summer Tea Towels:

1. Bookhou linen tea towel with triangles.
2.  Moose tea towel by Nord.
3. "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen" tea towel by The Lepolas.
4. Moka Express coffee pot tea towel by Mengsel
5. "Use my beehive" tea towel by Donna Wilson.
6. "Time to brew up" tea towel by Laura Seaby.
7. Allo Allo tea towel by  Darling Clementine.
8. Whales tea towel by Belgian linen.
9. Orla Kiely multi stem tea towel.
10. A set of two Marimekko pear tea towels by Majja Isola.

I'm curious, do you have many tea towels in your kichen? What do you use them most for? xo

P.S: They are also perfect to keep your French baguette fresh for longer and as fruit totes:)
P.P.S: Plus, a few other kitchen gems that you might like.

(Top two photos via Decor8 and Expensive Life. Layout of the last image by exPress-o)


Alexa said...

The hardest part is choosing a favorite!

Anonymous said...

Like you, I probably have close to 20 different dish towels and a few are very dear to me since I got them from my grandmother. I will be getting #4, #7 and #8. Those are my fave.


Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa:) So true!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..so sweet that your grandma gave you a few, Ola. I bet they are beautiful:) I love vintage tea towels...

Dancing Branflake said...

I am obsessed with them! I found one on Etsy that was a fortune from a fortune cookie. It was so cute! But sold out. These are adorable.

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

So funny I was just thinking how I needed some more to perk up my kitchen for summer. I brought back a giant black and white print one of a hand-drawn map of London this January--it hangs on my stainless refrigerator and makes me happy, but it's time for a few more. I will have to go searching these links :) Thanks for the great post on one of my fav topics!

xo Mary Jo

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

the green pear! adore !!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, that fortune cookie tea towel sounds so lovely:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Mary Jo and your print of hand-drawn map of London sounds awesome.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk