Would you go on a blind date?

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Would you go on a blind date? About four years ago my friend, Liam was set up on a blind date by his sister. Back then, he worked in advertising and even though his job was very social, he had the hardest time finding someone that he felt a connection with. Almost 4 years on and they are happily expecting their first baby any day now. They both say that they went into the evening with an open mind, just hoping for a nice conversation. That took off tons of pressure and made them both feel comfortable.

On the other hand, my friend Sofia used to be a notorious blind-dater, but she found the one living just two floors above her :). She said that blind dates were too nerve-wracking. Each time she had that underlying feeling that it might be the one and when it didn’t work out, she was crushed. It’s amazing how the universe works.

As for me, I don’t think I’d be good blind date material but then again, it can be very exciting to meet a new person who might not turn out to be a partner, but can end up being a great friend. Do you have any funny, heart-warming or scary blind date stories?

P.S: If you're thinking about going on a blind date, here are a few great tips to check out.
P.P.S: Here is how Balazs and I met.

(Photo via Piccsy)

9 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

Once upon a time in high school I went on a blind date that I knew was going to be my junior prom date. We met for ice skating and it was the most awkward date of my life!!!! Ahh!! It was bad! Prom was worse...

BUT then a few years later I went on a blind date with a friend's bf's friend and it wasn't that bad. The guy was nice, actually paid the dinner check and was gentlemanly enough to just give me a quick kiss at the end. We dated for a few months but it didn't work out but it was the best breakup ever!! It was totally mutual! =)

Dancing Branflake said...

I would totally go on one if I was single. I love meeting people. But, if I went on tons of blind dates and they were all horrible, naturally I would run away haha!

Milex said...

Adore.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Chloe! To be honest, my prom was really bad as well and my date - oh, boy!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Tiffany:)

LyddieGal said...

I'd go on a blind date, but right now I'd probably be happy to go on any date to have a reason to put on a pretty dress and go out.

Kait said...

Blind dates are so scary! I went on only one and hated the pressure that the relationship with a person I only just met had to turn into something romantic. Blind dating was not for me!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kait, that is exactly how my friend Sofia felt too. So much pressure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk