Where NYC meets London

Thursday, May 9, 2013
New York or London? What’s your pick? Oh boy, it doesn’t get any better than two of the world’s most photogenic cities blended into one, creating an incredible visual delight! Recently, Danielle moved from London to New York and in celebration of her big life change she created a love letter to the two most important cities in her life. One represents her past, her comforts, nostalgia and the other is her future, the unknown. Before she left London she took photos of her favourite spots around the city and then she matched them with every new favourite place in New York creating a visual and emotional map of her own unique city! Don't you just love that? xo

P.S: Now I can't wait to get her photo book!
P.P.S: Also, London versus Paris and the swoonworthy British countryside:)

(via My Modern Met)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a hard choice since both are great soul cities. If I must, I go with London. It's my home. Cheers, Grace

Bryony said...

Oooh, well having visited NYC once or twice, I think I have to go with London. I lived there for over a year and I fell in love with it. Whenever we get a chance to go back it just feels like home: my husband and I spent most of our college years there, and it has a special place in our hearts.

Chrissy said...

These photos are amazing! What a wonderful idea! I have been to both cities twice and it's really a hard decision...I think I'd go with NY though, I am just an American girl at heart (even though I am German)! xxx

Victoria said...

Hello,
I would like to invite you to join my new giveaway and win a new pair of ssunglasses from Firmoo.com.
http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.be/2013/05/firmoo-sunglasses-giveaway.html
Feel free to join! :)

KristiMcMurry said...

Well now that's a fun photo project! Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

That is so cool...
I'd go with London
I have been to NYC before but not yet to London
and I'd love to go there and try the London Eye.

Emmy said...

This is a really great idea! I think I'll need to try doing that with some of my favorite places between some of the places I've lived.

I've never been to either London nor New York, but I have a greater desire to go to NYC. =)

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace:) London is truly amazing.

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, your comment made me go aww... Love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Chrissy!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann, London Eye is amazing (oh the view) but a bit scary too since it's 443ft tall...eek

Monique Bellavia said...

I saw that you posted these on pinterest and they literally made me stop in my tracks!! How do you find such lovely things??

little t said...

These photos make me dizzy!

tutusandtea said...

What a brilliant layered memory idea! Thanks for sharing, this is lovely....

dotblogg said...

incredible charm of double exposure:) I've been thinking intensely about moving to London in July. If all goes well I'll take my cameras there for sure :)
hugs!
J

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique:) Glad you like them:)I just stumble upon them...:)

Diana Mieczan said...

J, London is dreamy:)How exciting!!!

Relydesign said...

Never been to NY...but i love London...I hope to move there in the near future!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk