The beauty of ageing

Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Oh boy, I'm a huge believer that natural ageing is so graceful and pure, isn’t it? Meet four sisters, (from left to right) Heather, Mimi, Bebe and Laurie who for the past 38 years had their photo taken by one of the sister’s husband. After a few years this little tradition transformed into a remarkable project that is going strong till today. I just love how they documented the passing time and how special it is, that despite all those years, there are still there, more beautiful than ever! Bravo! xo

P.S: Going grey!
P.P.S: Do you look younger or older than your age?

(Thanks, Sam, via 22 Words)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since you wrote about your grey hair, I look at aging in a whole new way. This project is very special. Love, Amy

Real College Student of Atlanta said...

such a cool post!!!! still beautiful

Ethaney said...

this made me tear up, i don't know why.i firmly believe in the beauty of aging. my mom is in her early-mid fifties and has never once approached the topic of cosmetic surgeries and she is just so beautiful. my MIL is slowly letting her hair go naturally gray and i am so jealous.i think being surrounded by women who are so confident as the years pass is so important.

Joye Schwartz said...

Very inspiring to someone who is growing older(who isn't?)

Laura Bear said...

This is so beautiful. My sisters and I need to do this. I am all for going grey. My mom rocks the salt and pepper and I love it so much. I have one long stiff grey hair that I am super proud of. Bring it on!

Tanvi said...

So wonderful and inspiring!

Lena said...

Such a beautiful inspiration, thanks Diana!

HiLLjO said...

Amazing how one can change so many times over the years :o)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so pleased, Amy:) my grey hair keep on showing up...giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

Very important, indeed, Ethaney and how wonderful that you have those amazing role-models around.

Diana Mieczan said...

Joye:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Love that, Laura:) Bring it on, indeed!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, HiLLjO:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Tanvi.

Jamillah said...

i love this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk