Spring Awakening: Peonies

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Darlings, did you treat yourself to a flower this week? If not, my suggestion is a peony. What do you say? It's an easy-peasy type of pick since they're so utterly swoonworthy, totally in season right now and they smell better and more soothing than morning coffee. Is it just me or each time I pick up a bunch or just one, our flat brightens immediately and the living room looks a dash fancier than before.

Fun facts: Did you know that according to feng shui, putting fresh peonies (or "king flowers" as they call them in Japan) in your home will bring love to your life? That is why they make the most perfect gift to a single friend or someone who is ready to mingle:) Also, I just read that peony is the traditional flower of a 12th wedding anniversary (self-reminder: make a note) and it symbolises beauty and happy marriage/relationship. But the most interesting thing about them is that supposedly their beautiful perfume-like scent increases memory and calms nerves, so you should try keeping them near you all day. Ha, who would have thought?

Lovelies, what's your favourite peony colour? Is it pink, rose, purple, scarlet, white, yellow, coral, cream or maybe crimson? Do tell! xo

P.S: Also, tulips...
P.P.S: And don't forget about our nifty little trick to keep your cut flowers fresh and beautiful for (much) longer:) It works like a charm!

(Photos and layout by/for exPress-o)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peonies in all colors are my favorite. They really have the nicest scent and it's so nice to read all these little facts about them. Jill

Ann said...

Oh I love peonies too
they looks so lovely.
Your pics are beautiful.

Erica said...

Such a beautiful story that peonies bring love. It's fitting, because I had peonies in my bridal bouquet. I just love these oversized blooms.

Annie said...

I LOVE peonies. I think pink is my favorite. These shots are gorgeous, Diana!!

Melissa Blake said...

Every time i go outside, i just think, "yayy for color again!" after a looong winter, it's so nice to see things coming back to life!! xoxo

Laura Bear said...

Wow that is so interesting. I didn't know about any of that, and I love that they "bring love to your life" as I had peonies in my wedding bouquet and on all the tables (along with orchids and ranunculus) . They are my favorite. Coral or white for me please!

Katerina said...

I love peonies, they're one of my favorite flowers.

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you liked them, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann, thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Erica, your bridal bouquet had to look totally stunning:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Annie, you're so sweet.

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, I can totally imagine how stunning they looked together with orchids and ranunculus on your reception tables:) LOVE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk