Roasted Avocado Wedges

Thursday, May 16, 2013

What are you snacking on lately? I can't get enough of Katy’s scrumptious spin on my beloved avocados - roasted avocado wedges:) They are perfect just by themselves or you can add them to a simple salad or (my favourite) eat them with yoghurt-garlic dip on the side. If you never had warm avocados before, the taste is similar to artichoke hearts - just creamer, richer and more scrumptious.

The best part: they take only 15 minutes to make. You need 2 avocados, a dash of olive oil, 2 cloves on grated garlic, salt and pepper. Ta dah! Here is the full recipe:)

Would you try it?

P.S: My other favourite, baked avocado fries.
P.P.S: Fancy more?

(Photos by Katy)

17 comments:

Little Observationist said...

You always post so many delicious looking avocado recipes but it's the one thing I'm allergic to :( Sadness.

Polly Rowan said...

YUM! I would defo try these! Sounds like a good and healthy party snack too! x

KristiMcMurry said...

I've tried them baked and couldn't get it right. I need to try this!

Kirsty Girl said...

Oh yum that looks so good right now! ;)

Ann Martin said...

mmm avocadoes. Will have to do this. I'm addicted to Pretzel Crisps at the moment; SO good. I bought a big bunch of kale yesterday and really must give kale chips a fair shake next.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I think I'm one of those people who only likes avocados raw, I tried baking them once and just couldn't get over the change in taste.

Ethaney said...

holy crap i am DROOOOLING right now.

that looks delicious.

Jamillah said...

i am suuuuuper excited to try this! thanks for sharing diana!

HelloSweetcheeks said...

whoa! Major nomsville! Gotta try them!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh, I am so sorry that you are allergic to avocados, Little Observationist! You know, you can always try this recipe with zucchini or asparagus.

Or here is another recipe you might like: http://diana212m.blogspot.com/2012/04/baked-asparagus-fries-oh-yea-baby.html

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristi, it's all about seasoning and making sure that you don't over roast/bake them.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann Martin, pretzel crisps sound so good. I so want to try them now and kale is super healthy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle, there is a very fine line between perfectly roasted avocados and them being totally over-baked. It's tricky but when you get the right timing, they will taste oh-so-good:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Jamillah. And giggle, Ethaney :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, good idea! It would be perfect for dinner parties:)

LyddieGal said...

I love avocados - i'll have to try these!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk