Nifty Cherry Tomatoes Trick

Thursday, May 2, 2013

So, last night, besides making pasta from scratch (it came out reasonably thin), I was really looking forward to try out this cool cherry tomatoes trick. Have you tried it already? Balazs never fails to remind me that “normal people” are not as excited about things like that but really he secretly loves them too :)

Anyway, here is how it works: by getting two plastic container lids and placing your tomatoes between them, you can slice through all the tomatoes at once instead of cutting them individually. It’s a perfect little trick for last minute dinner preparation. Would you try it?

P.S: Supposedly it works great on grapes as well:)
P.P.S: Fancy a few more? How about for kiwi, avocado, cherry, eggs and coffee.

(Photos by Kristy)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We go through tons of cherry tomatoes at this time of the year. I'm trying it now. Cheers, Grace.

holtkamp said...

Great trick! I was just cutting a ton of grape tomatoes last night this would have saved me some time! :)

Ann Martin said...

I think it's a brilliant idea!

McKenna Ryan said...

Such a smart idea! I will definitely be cutting tomatoes this way from now on. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com

Merry Meri said...

Amazeballs!! Tell Balazs I'm with you!!

Lady Grey said...

Ok I think this is BRILLIANT! I don't know why I never thought of this before!
xo

Tagg said...

That is so smart! :)) Love eating tomatoes!

x
Tagg

Kathy said...

Hey, who thinks of these ideas anyway? Thats awesome, I am going to try it soon too and will be super excited. BTW, we are growing our own here this summer!

Monique Bellavia said...

OK, who thought is this! I spend so much time cutting those little tomatoes for salad. Such a great idea! Thanks for posting!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

genius! thanks for sharing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, we too, Grace. Tomatoes are so good and handy, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

You will love it, holtkamp! It works so good.

Diana Mieczan said...

Deal, Merry Meri!!! :) LOVE your comment.

Kelsey Bang said...

no way! i love this! genius!

Niki said...

How amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk