My May Challenge!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Is there anything better than a spring evening with friends, pasta and cheap wine? My plan for May is to be more spontaneous and give the planner in me a rest. So, last night after getting utterly inspired by Luisa's post, I called up our friends to set up a pasta night. We are having it tonight and Balazs is making the sauce while I'm attempting to make fresh pasta from scratch (It's chilling in the fridge right now). No worries, I have a backup in case of disaster – giggle!

Fancy joining in on the challenge? Just toss your planner hat and embrace the madness with me this May! How about it?

P.S: Dinner dates with friends and solo dinner dates:)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

-Ola

Dancing Branflake said...

I am the total free-spirit anti-planner, so I am TOTALLY in on this! Hooray for throwing caution to the wind!

Lady Grey said...

You're brave to make your own pasta! I've always wanted to try it. Let us know how it turns out.
These pictures are very inspiring indeed!
xo

Gwen said...

Fresh pasta from scratch?!!!!! Oh my! Please invite me!

Caren Richardson said...

What a great challenge! Hope everything goes well!

Chloe Moon said...

In my next home I want to have a big dining room table so I can have pasta nights too!!

Ergo-Blog

HelloSweetcheeks said...

Sounds perfect and looks amazing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Ola!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Cheers to that, Tiffany!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, the pasta was good, not great but since it was my first real try, I was super pleased and everyone liked it too. Next time I'll be more careful while "thinning" it. The dough has to be super thin:) I used this recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-fresh-pasta-from-scratch-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-73435
It's fantastic!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Gwen, it would be so fun!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds like a great plan, Chloe:)

tutusandtea said...

This sounds just lovely.... What an inspiring little pasta post! Thanks for sharing! Bon Appetite!

Stephanie said...

Do I get extra points if I try to be spontaneous with a 3-month-old baby?? ;-) Seriously though, I am the type of person who gets really thrown for a loop when my plans get messed up, I need to learn to go with the flow a little more. So I'll try this as best I can. :-)

Monique Bellavia said...

I would love to try and toss my "planner hat" My husband thinks I'm crazy most of the time lol

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Stephanie:) You can do it!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique, Balazs thinks that about me too...giggle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk