Let's Tutu!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Have you heard about The Tutu Project? Since my mom had two cancer scares in the past 3 years, this incredibly sweet, heart-breaking and hilarious project touched me in a very emotional way.

In 2003, Bob Carey and his wife, Linda, moved to New York and since it was a huge change from their previous life, Bob started this little tutu project to express his feeling about the move. Unfortunately, six months later, Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer. If that wasn't enough, 2 weeks later his sister was also diagnosed. So, for the next 10 years, Bob continued his tutu adventures in hopes to raise money to help other women and make people smile :)

In his own words: Oddly enough, her cancer has taught us that life is good, dealing with it can be hard, and sometimes the very best thing - no, the only thing - we can do to face another day is to laugh at ourselves, and share a laugh with others’.

What a wonderful man:) xo

P.S: Here is a lovely interview with Bob about this tutu project.
P.P.S: Heart-breaking!

(via Glamour)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had cancer is my family recently. It's a heart breaking illness that makes you re-group and re-think. It's so nice to see a project like this one. It gives hopes. Thank you.

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness what an amazing project! Good for him!

Dancing Branflake said...

Yes! My friends all sent me this link when it first came out. And when my mom was diagnosed with cancer, it brought on a whole new meaning.

little t said...

Ha, made me laugh!

Nicole Underwood said...

I love projects like this! Thanks for sharing :)

MrJeffery said...

whoa. so whimsical!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so sorry, Anonymous.

Diana Mieczan said...

Hope your mom feels better by now, Tiffany.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Nicole

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk